He made me scratch his butt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weda737

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
Had my res out in the yard today, just a little socializing and sunshine. My fiance picked him up and a scute shedded off. He freaked out, he thought he had hurt him. I lol'd. Anyway, I noticed when you barely touched him the scutes would pop right off so I just started taking them off, apparently it felt good because as I was feeling the scutes on his back, he started scooting side to side making my hand scratch his butt. I thought maybe it was that "I don't want to be mounted" behavior... but I dunno... he backed right up to my hand and just shook that butt side to side. It was hilarious. He's as bad as my Aussie, wants that booty scratched.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
He's generally pretty grumpy about being petted or messed with, he never was properly taken care of before I got him. I was just shocked.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
Be careful because when they shed you could hurt their shell or their scutes so be careful ok I just wanted to let you know if you didn't but funny story also :D

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Thank you turtle guru, but that's kind of a "duh" like I said, they were sliding right off, there was no pulling to it, some slid off the plastron as he walked through the grass. I figure just like with lizards and snakes, shedding must be kind of itchy. Anyway, I know better than to hurt my guys, but thanks for the concern. ^.^

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
No problem I was afraid that you may have never known that so I decided to but your welcome :D

Thank the LORD for Everything :D

Status
Not open for further replies.