He won't eat mazuri

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
We don't get Mazuri here, I can't even get it in the places I go to in Spain, though i get Spanish, English and East-Euoropean equivalents.
And hurrraaaaaaahhhhhh for them.
In the heat of the long Moroccan summer it becomes nigh on impossible to find living weeds for one's tortoise, the supermarkets don't do the packet greens and salads they do in the US and i'm pretty much limited to lettuce, chicory and prickly pear at this time of year.
And The Tidge won't eat chicory.
Amazon won't deliver here, so I have to say that if I could get Mazuri original I'd snap it up.
On the other hand, it is true we manage without, but i'd like to have the back up.

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
My redfoots are 19,20,24 and 26 years old. They get original Mazuri 3 times and roughage greens and fruit 4 times per week. Hatchlings get shredded veggies mixed with softened Mazuri. Kept moist and fed well, have never lost one.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I always chuckle when I hear someone has a fussy eater for a tortoise. Nadine's only preference appears to be toward the food that is closest to her mouth.

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
I buy the original Mazuri 5M21 in 25 lb. bag from my local feed store. Mazuri LS is # 5E5L and seems to be what many say their torts refuse. I don't know if the 5M21 is available in smaller quantities but for my 4 RFs (15 lbs. each) this is about a 3 month supply. Even the Mazuri directions say it is a supplement to a diet of grasses hay fruits and veggies.

Reptilian Feline

Sweden
The Mazuri brand (under its European name) is hard to find here in Sweden, but the ZooMed versions seem easy enough to pick up. We also have a qouple of different brands, like Testudo, so we have our pick of dry food. It's a great backup and add variety.