Health of her neck

Caseyaceae

Location (City and/or State)
Lakewood, OH
Hello,
I’m new here. We have a 1.5 year old Russian Tortoise. Just checking to see her health, specifically with her neck. Looked a little Bluer than I thought. My girlfriend doesn’t seem to think it’s an issue. I’ve attached pictures to see if they would help. Unfortunately, she is in quarantine due to pin worms. Thanks so muc!CA74FDB5-9583-41E6-B634-56E0BA885BAA.jpegF1852415-01D5-4A24-8A1C-8EBAE9DB7F84.jpegA2108E6F-BDD9-449F-8881-8F6478C3915E.jpeg

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
My only observation is with leg stretched she looks thin this could be due to worms etc. Just checking you are you providing fresh greens and weeds daily and fresh water and calcium? There is a care sheet that could also assist you.

Caseyaceae

Lakewood, OH
My only observation is with leg stretched she looks thin this could be due to worms etc. Just checking you are you providing fresh greens and weeds daily and fresh water and calcium? There is a care sheet that could also assist you.
This is great to know, cause I’m having a hard time determining how to tell if she’s thin or not. Yeah, we have a small apartment. So we don’t have weeds and the ones in the area I’m worried they might have been sprayed with pesticides. But we do provide her with a variety offresh greens and water everyday. We’ve soaked her everyday as well. Provide calcium supplements as well. She does like to sleep most of the day and we wake her up to eat. When she does eats, it last for like 1/2 hr a day. Her previous owner gave us a care sheet and from what I’ve found online. If there is another great care sheet reference, I’m game. Thank you so much!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Can we see a picture of the entire enclosure and its furniture, water dish etc.?

Caseyaceae

Lakewood, OH
Can we see a picture of the entire enclosure and its furniture, water dish etc.?
I would but she isn’t in her normal enclosure. It’s not what we had originally set up. The vet told us to quarantine her due to pin worms and use newspapers as substrate to see and clean her pee/poop. I’ve sanitized her original one but it’s not set up till the vet give us the ok after her second fecal sample. Right now she is in 50 gallon rubbermaid tub with newspapers as temporary solution

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
This is great to know, cause I’m having a hard time determining how to tell if she’s thin or not. Yeah, we have a small apartment. So we don’t have weeds and the ones in the area I’m worried they might have been sprayed with pesticides. But we do provide her with a variety offresh greens and water everyday. We’ve soaked her everyday as well. Provide calcium supplements as well. She does like to sleep most of the day and we wake her up to eat. When she does eats, it last for like 1/2 hr a day. Her previous owner gave us a care sheet and from what I’ve found online. If there is another great care sheet reference, I’m game. Thank you so much!
Care sheet link....

Caseyaceae

Lakewood, OH
Care sheet link....
Thank you so much for sharing this! Any info is good info, esp for a new tortoise daddy