Healthy Herp Fruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I bought this stuff as a treat for my rhacs, who eat it if they have to. I had the idea last night to try it out with the red foots.

Scuttle when straight for it, gobbling away; Uno ran over it; and Yertle just sat there staring at it...

I left them with the pile. I'm hoping it'll all be gone when I get home.

I figured once in a while, rehydrated fruits wouldn't hurt. Scuttle would agree he was chopping away.

It contains: freeze dried bananas, freeze dried blueberries, freeze dried strawberries, freeze dried mangos, freeze dried papayas, freeze dried kiwis, freeze dried pears, freeze dried apples, bee pollen powder, calcium carbonate

Attachments

• red foot healthy herb.jpg
    red foot healthy herb.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 37
G

greekmark1234

Healthy Herpâ„¢ FRUIT MIX INSTANT MEAL is All Natural, contains no preservatives and is healthy and nutritious. This food has been specifically mixed for Hermit Crabs and Frugivorous reptiles. Fruit Mix when rehydrated returns to its naturally juicy state releasing its natural aroma making it irresistible to reptiles. Contains Bee Pollen Powder a natural substance produced by flowering plants and gathered by bees. Bee pollen is an excellent source of vitamins (including vitamin A, B-complex, C, D and E), minerals (including magnesium, iron, phosphorus and at least 59 different trace minerals), amino acids and other nutrients. Benefits of bee pollen may include naturally boosting energy, enhancing immunity and promoting respiratory health. Natural colors Natural aroma Pre cut A healthy meal No preservatives No refrigeration Use caution when feeding fruit to tortoises. Some Species include fruit as a regular part of their diet and others eat none at all. Be familiar with your Tortoises dietary requirements. Species such as Leopards and African Spurred Tortoises rely on beneficial bacteria in their intestines to help them digest and extract nourishment from the grasses that they eat. If you give your tortoise large amounts of fruit, the acids and sugars in the fruit can actually change the pH of the tortoise's digestive tract, and this pH change can cause the beneficial bacteria in the tortoise's gut to die off. When large quantities of gut bacteria die, they release toxins that can cross the gut wall and enter the tortoise's bloodstream, causing the tortoise to experience a form of Toxic Shock Syndrome that can be fatal. Feeding Instructions: Remove lid (for bulk fill cup with food), fill cup halfway with warm water, wait 5-8 minutes. Drain excess water and place in Stepping Stone Feeding Dishâ„¢ or dump into food dish. Remove any uneaten food after 24 hours and discard. This product has been lightly dusted with calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.