heat blankets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwindman

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I live around Wickenburg Arizona and the temps drop sometimes to 20; My question is I keep him inside at night and he is about 8 pounds now but in the morning when I go to work I have an x-large dog kennel that is enclosed and wrapped with heavy rubber mats with a heat lamp in it for now but what is the best heat pad to get for the bottom of the kennel when it gets below 60?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Stanfield makes one that is very sturdy and comes in many sizes. I just got a deal on one with the thermostat.. i dont recall where I ordered it from, will check when i get home.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
ok,, its a 1.5x 2 pad. with a thermostat. I paid $129 with shipping. Osborne Industries www.osborne-ind.com come in several sizes. larger and smaller.
be sure your dog house is bigger then the pad. That way they can get off it. Best for large torts.

M

Maggie Cummings

mwindman said:
I live around Wickenburg Arizona and the temps drop sometimes to 20; My question is I keep him inside at night and he is about 8 pounds now but in the morning when I go to work I have an x-large dog kennel that is enclosed and wrapped with heavy rubber mats with a heat lamp in it for now but what is the best heat pad to get for the bottom of the kennel when it gets below 60?

As I long distance truck driver I have been to Wickenburg lots. Nice little town. Growing tho. But I am disabled now and home.
It's really not a good idea to use a pig blanket for tortoises less than 20 pounds. Sometimes it can cause deformities in smaller developing tortoises. The heat light should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.