Heat lamp and humidity

matheny00

Location (City and/or State)
Anaheim, Calif
Ok getting ready to put covers on the new enclosure along with heating and lighting. It will house 2 R/F in a 30" x 6' enclosure, 1/2 will be covered with lexan to create a humid area the other with wire mesh and vines attached to the underside to create a canopy and to help trap and slow the escape of the humid air.
So here is the question I need the heat to create the humidity so do I put the hides in the warm humid side or the cool side? I know I might need a second ceramic heat unit along with more light but that will be bought on an as needed basis.

We also have a mister that will go in the humid side and live plants throughout but having a hard time finding organic grown plants in my area.

Thank you,

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Ok getting ready to put covers on the new enclosure along with heating and lighting. It will house 2 R/F in a 30" x 6' enclosure, 1/2 will be covered with lexan to create a humid area the other with wire mesh and vines attached to the underside to create a canopy and to help trap and slow the escape of the humid air.
So here is the question I need the heat to create the humidity so do I put the hides in the warm humid side or the cool side? I know I might need a second ceramic heat unit along with more light but that will be bought on an as needed basis.

We also have a mister that will go in the humid side and live plants throughout but having a hard time finding organic grown plants in my area.

Thank you,

you don't need 'organic' plants...get what you can...transplant them into your pots with fresh soil...and put the plants in the pots into your habitat...I believe #Markw84 has a great example of potted plants in a habitat

matheny00

Anaheim, Calif
Let me ask this part again...
So here is the question I need the heat to create the humidity so do I put the hides in the warm humid side or the cool side?