Hello a new Sulcata baby owner from Colorado

bell87

My night temp is 80 overall but the basking red light keeps that area hot around 100 night 105 day I just switched his enclosure to a tank to hold humidity I'll work on a bigger better one tomorrow. Ambient right now is 81F

bell87

Seems like temps were easier with the open top but humidity is tough but in CO there is no such thing anyway so I'm thinking of the best option for my tort best interest at this age. Adult size he will be hardier so I think those options will be easier but I want to make it that far he deserves a long 120+ life

bell87

So do I go with a tank and sacrifice space for humidity, use a open box or tort table and lose humidity and soak daily (even though the soaking is my plan either way), until I can build the optimal hatchling/juvenile enclosure with the right POTZ and all the trimmings....

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum. Looks like you are doing lots right thing and getting lots good advises.
Welcome!

bell87

Thanks everyone I feel at home my sully is doing great by the way

Vien Pelayo

hi Everyone..
I am new here and I am an avid fun of tortoises. I'm from the Philippines and looking on how I can get my hands on a Sulcata or two of them perhaps to avoid loneliness.. Can anyone help me :)

bell87

I have no idea Vien... You live in the Philippines? Do you have pet shops?, or you can go online to purchase them from a reputable source close to you.

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
hi Everyone..
I am new here and I am an avid fun of tortoises. I'm from the Philippines and looking on how I can get my hands on a Sulcata or two of them perhaps to avoid loneliness.. Can anyone help me :)
Sulcatas do not get lonely. In fact , they can get very aggressive with each other. Better to raise them alone.