Hello again!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
Hi-

I joined the forum a few years ago but figured reintroductions might be necessary since I haven't been here in a LONG time! The awesome people on the forum were INCREDIBLY helpful when I was first getting started with my tortoise, and almost three years later I've found my way back again!

I am in Nebraska, and my tortoise is a 2, almost 3, year old Hermann's named Carl. He is an awesome little guy and quite the character! I recently upgraded his "winter-time" terrarium, he let me know he was ready by ramming into the corner of his 40 gallon breeder all day long and constantly trying to climb and flipping himself over. He is LOVING the space, and it will hopefully hold him over until he can get back out to his 4 foot by 6 foot outdoor enclosure in the summer.

The terrarium change kind of reminded me of the forum and I'm super happy to be back so I can ask a bunch of ridiculously simple questions once again!!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Welcome back Courtney ! But in three years a lot must of happened . Up date us . And don't forget Picts of your Hermann .

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and welcome back. Looking forward to see some of your torts! ! !

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I have been TERRIBLE about getting pictures of Carl lately. Here's one from Halloween. His favorite part was eating the pumpkin innards after the photoshoot :)

Attachments

• 1424060735904.jpg
    1424060735904.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 23

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
funny how often I start wondering about an old member and then like magic they show up. how is college coming?

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Thanks!

College is going "okay", a little hectic at the moment. I took herpetology last semester so I consider myself a bit of an expert :p Haha, just kidding. I did get to do some pretty cool things though, like going out and catching rattlesnakes to tag and release for studies!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Here's one of the baby Massasauga Rattlesnakes we caught. They look like little prairie kingsnakes, if I were to ever get bitten by a venomous snake, it would probably be because I stupidly reached down to grab one of these guys thinking it was harmless. Super cute, anyways. Wish I would have brought my camera but at least I had a phone!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Salutations.
You say you are back, I guess time will tell.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Great to see that all the cool people are still around :p I am going to TRY, but I still don't feel like I know more than the average doorknob about tortoises, haha.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
Here's one of the baby Massasauga Rattlesnakes we caught. They look like little prairie kingsnakes, if I were to ever get bitten by a venomous snake, it would probably be because I stupidly reached down to grab one of these guys thinking it was harmless. Super cute, anyways. Wish I would have brought my camera but at least I had a phone!

i love snakes!!!!!!!