Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlemom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Berthoud, Colorado
Hello all,
I've been reading this forum since January and became a member last spring. Thought it was time to introduce myself and our torts. We have a male greek tortoise named Bowzer. We got him a couple of years ago from Petco, so I don't know how old he is. He's been a great tortoise. Healthy and curious and has such a friendly personality! Bowzer lives in a turtle table in my daughter's room and he has an outdoor home for the hot, dry Colorado summers. We live way north of Denver on rural property with two horses, a dog and two guinea pigs.

Last October, we got a golden greek male from an out-of-state breeder, but he, unfortunately had health issues from the get-go and died in early January. A bad start to the new year. I was looking for information and answers and support and that's when I found you guys. What a great group!

We have always wanted to add more tortoises to the family but I could not find any greeks locally. About a month ago, we bought two of Danny's turkish 07 greeks. What cuties! I was so stressed about their long shipping trip, but they arrived ready to go and I don't think they've stopped yet! They love to eat! Now I understand why so many of you have so many torts! It takes a lot of willpower not to tell Danny that I'll take another 20!

You all have helped me so much already. A big thank you! Thanks to Danny for our family additions - we just love'em and they're doing great. We're still working on names.

I will post pictures of Bowzer and the boys once I figure out posting pictures!

Glad to be here,
Donna

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Welcome!!!!! We do love pics!

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Welcome! Love the name Bowzer:D Looking forward to your pics too!

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Sending out a formal "Greetings & Welcome" to ya Donna! :D Sounds like you have been bitten by the tortie bug, LOL. You know, I have to make sure I bring a limited amount of cash to the upcoming Reptile Show here in So. Cal., or else I would go into debt with my African Leopards, lol.

Glad to have ya as a community member.
Enjoy ~
Purpod

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Welcome to TFO!!! I have made a pledge to try and not bring anymore home, unless of course I have new homes already waiting...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D :D Sorry still am laughing at Jen's pledge. Let us know how it works out...or rather doesn't. :D

Hello back to you also from Colorado. :D Actually I don't live here, but am once more in your beautiful state these last couple of days. Sorry about the way the year started for you, but sounds like you have recovered in a most beautiful way! Nice to have ya here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.