Hello all, new tortoise, part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishbone

5 Year Member
I know I haven't posted here allot, but I have learned allot here just lurking. For those who aren't aware of my past tortoise events, you can look them up on my profile, there are only two threads at the moment, and they pretty much tell the whole story.

So, we have gotten our daughter a new tortoise 3 days ago, another leopard. This time from a reputable breeder, and a bit older tortoise, an early hatchy from this year. She is beautiful. And so far seeming healthy, much bigger than our first, active, eating well, no pyramiding. And a much nicer pattern.

So here's to starting this over. She has a good UVB light, tested, room to roam, with a temp gradient ranging from 100 - 82 during the day, a moist hide, bathed daily, a variety of greens along with some mazuri and zoomed grasslands. We are also planning to grow some grasses for her. I would love to hear anyone's opinions on this practice.

And of course, the obligatory pics... ;)

1230075_10151859251013139_1892355722_n.jpg

533258_10151859251248139_1960119203_n.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That's a really pretty tortoise...and smooth. Looks like it was started correctly!

Fishbone

5 Year Member
Thanks all! And I want to thank everyone again for all the help from before. I did a little more homework this time on the breeder and where I was getting her from, etc. You'd think I'd know this, I am very picky about most of the people I buy snakes from. Also starting with a little bit larger of an animal seems a bit safer at least.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
She is gorgeous. I would raise her in a closed chamber if she were mine. She is soo smooth, would be sad to see her start to pyramid. Toms threads are below in my post.

rayneygirl

5 Year Member
SoCal
so so so pretty!!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.