Hello All

kirdy

Hey there,
My name is Kirdy and I am a brand new owner of a Russian tortoise. I am very excited and trying really hard to take good care of him! Henry (my tortoise) and I are very excited to be on the forum!

Last edited:

kirdy

Thanks for that very important info... PetSmart doesn't know anything apparently! I know it's probably not the best to buy tortoises from pet stores and not breeders, but it's my first and I'm excited =)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

I think you will be very happy with your little russian tortoise. They are very interesting animals.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum. really Good to have you here! ! ! Welcome.

mini_max

Alberta, Canada
Hi, I'm a new Russian owner too! I've had Max for 2 weeks and got him at petsmart too. Max is in a terrarium for now, but it's too small for a permanent home. There's this thing called a tortoise palace which looks really cool since he'll be inside most of the year, but so expensive, and so not readily available in Canada. There's the zoo med tortoise house, but even that seems maybe a touch small for long term, but I'm considering it as the next step because I could take it outside in summer. I'm gonna browse ikea and see if there is anything I could convert without much construction per se. If you're a pinner, I just noticed today that there are tortoise enclosure boards out there, so maybe that could be a source of inspiration.

How old do you figure Henry is?

rachels-torts

Welcome! I'm a new russian owner as well! I bought my 7 year old named koda about 3 months ago

kirdy

I really have no idea how old Henry is! he's just over 4 inches... I've tried to look it up but haven't found out how to tell!