Hello all!

Slow and steady

Location (City and/or State)
S.E. Florida
I'm Dave, and I've been a tortoise lover for life. My avatar is Teejay, my 12 year old leopard female whom I bought as a baby. She had been our (my wife's and mine) only tort up until about two months ago, when we added a trio of redfoots (one male, two females), and a new handsome little leopard. The new additions have brought such a great dynamic to our tortoise world.
A lot has changed in baby leopard husbandry since I went through it with Teejay over a decade ago, especially in regards to pyramiding. My new dude (dudette?) get lots of misting, and plenty of soaks.
Here are some pictures of the clan.
20161104_163434.jpg 20161108_120345.jpg 20161113_095609.jpg

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi @Slow and steady and a very warm welcome to the forum! :)

Very sweet torts. GOD bless.

You mentioned giving your torts soaks, but what of humidity? ;)

Any pics their enclosures?

Slow and steady

S.E. Florida
Thanks, all. Gillian, I don't have any pictures of their enclosures. Our big Leo is a free-roaming yard beast. As for humidity, I'm in S.E Florida. Between the ambient humidity, regular rains, and lawn sprinklers, I think I've got humidity covered. The torts are all outside except for cold nights. Then they come inside and sleep in bins lined with cypress mulch.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Dave I'd like to welcome you and your wife to our Forum! You've got a very nice little herd there, and I love the coloring on the new leopard.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Dave, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you, your wifey, Teejay, and the new additions! :)
A lovely collection.

Slow and steady

S.E. Florida
So I've received some "likes" and "trophy points" already! Can someone please explain what these are, what warrants receiving them, and how I might pass on the fun?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When someone reads a post you've made and they agree or like it, they will click on the "like" button on the lower right side of your post. As to trophy points, you get those when you've made a certain number of posts. I never pay attention to trophy points. They're worthless, far as I'm concerned. But I like the 'likes'. It means I might be doing something right.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
I'm Dave, and I've been a tortoise lover for life. My avatar is Teejay, my 12 year old leopard female whom I bought as a baby. She had been our (my wife's and mine) only tort up until about two months ago, when we added a trio of redfoots (one male, two females), and a new handsome little leopard. The new additions have brought such a great dynamic to our tortoise world.
A lot has changed in baby leopard husbandry since I went through it with Teejay over a decade ago, especially in regards to pyramiding. My new dude (dudette?) get lots of misting, and plenty of soaks.
Here are some pictures of the clan.
View attachment 192994 View attachment 192995 View attachment 192996

Beautiful family....keep up the great work!!