Hello all!

sghctoma

Location (City and/or State)
Hungary
I'm Toma from Hungary. I've always loved reptiles, had two red-eared sliders and a corn snake in the past. I also wanted tortoises as a kid, but did not have enough space and money to keep them. I don't really know what was the trigger, but just a week ago I realized I have the means to keep tortoises now, so I started researching online, this is how I stumbled upon this forum.

Currently I'm in the process of deciding what species would be the best for me. I will have an indoor enclosure (probably a tortoise table), so I'm looking into small, or medium sized animals. So far, I have read everything I could find on some Testudo species (Egyptian, Western Hermann's, and Russian), Redfoots, and Pancake tortoises. There is a highly praised tortoise/turtle shop just a few minutes from where I live, so I'm planning to take a visit in the next few days to have a chance to check out some of these guys - maybe it will make the decision easier.

That's all for now, I will definitely post more, especially when I'll finally have the new family member(s) :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

N

no one

Hello and welcome to the forum Toma!! I am curious which species you will choose. You are in the right place for information about taking good care of them. Read as much as you can. Your new Tortoise will be greateful.

sghctoma

Hungary
Thanks everyone for the welcome!
I went to the shop an hour ago, but it was closed, so no tortoise-checking today. I hope they will be open tomorrow.

sghctoma

Hungary
Thank you for the welcome!

Budapest certainly can be nice, but I don't really like the city. The surrounding hills are cool though :) I'm originally from the western part of the country, and I'm in love with the Őrség National Park; it has a quite unique flora and fauna - no tortoises though :(