Hello All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melwood513

5 Year Member
HELLO! I have browsed this site several times and finally decided to jump in and join the group:) My name is Melinda and here in AZ as part of our family we have two sulcatas. House we have had since he was two weeks old and he is now going on five. (we have always called him a "he" but we dont know for sure, lol) and Shelby we have had for a little over a year now and she was actually given to us by someone who had loved and raised her for ten years! Shelby came out of an apartment!! I felt so bad for Shelbys original owner, it was hard on her to have to give her up, but Shelby is in a huge enclosure in our backyard with House for company now. Shelby didnt like being outside away from people much at first, she would just pace and moan a little for days before she began eating and acting normally. I felt bad for her too, we would go out several times a day to interact with her and she would come running ajd try to follow us back up to the house when we left. anyways... they have both been great but the last couple of weeks we noticed Shelby pacing alot and making noises, now she is climbing up on poor little house and humping him, he doesnt seem to mind but we were told by the owner that Shelby was a girl, per a vets determination. not sure what to do if anything but things are just getting a little weird out there and i dont want house to get hurt (If thats even possible) so i came to the experts. the people who actually own these little dinosaur like creatures. any advice would he awesome! Thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). I have heard that sometimes females will do that, however it's hard to say if the vet got it right. You may have to separate them, they usually don't do good in pairs. If they are male and female, the male will pester the female to illness and possibly death.

Status
Not open for further replies.