Hello all

Avery Kays

Location (City and/or State)
PA
Thank you sooo much. Your story has been so inspiring. I loved it a lot. I'm still trying to come up with the money and supplies for another turtle. It's been a great experience. :)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Thank you sooo much. Your story has been so inspiring. I loved it a lot. I'm still trying to come up with the money and supplies for another turtle. It's been a great experience. :)
Yeah money was something I wish i'd thought about before haha I dropped 200 on a 20 gal tank (with supplies) which is pretty much unsuitable, and then another 100 on him... so at least you're using your noggin :)
and I figured I'd share my story since there are people out there like me. And while it sounds like he was got on impulse there was also all the thinking about lifespan and the fact that I'll always have to make sure to find pet-friendly living situations, but I was committed to give him everything, and now that I've met him theres nothing I wouldn't do to keep him in my life! By the way they totally know when you're sad, a few nights I've taken him out and plopped him on my feet sitting on the floor and he just looked back at me and sat there... and he never does that, when he's free he runs. and his face just makes me smile even when i'm a mess. They're unexpected sympathizers :)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I live in Pa so it's pretty close to Ny but I don't think I have the time to drive there. I'll keep looking though. :)
Yeah they also didn't specify he came with stuff either, but if you're lucky someone close will be rehoming you're choice of shelled critter :) and be giving equipment and everything

Avery Kays

PA
Yeah I'm still looking but I'm finding lots of bunnies on Craigslist and I'm absolutely falling in lot with them.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Yeah I'm still looking but I'm finding lots of bunnies on Craigslist and I'm absolutely falling in lot with them.
Bunnies are also good, but look up cage free options in care if you weren't already, most can be kept close to like a cat, or in a larger penned up area if they chew a lot that aren't toys. I want one rather bad too. If you have an Instagram look up Bunnymama, she posts many helpful care tips and has a blog all about cage-free bunny care

Avery Kays

PA
Yeah. Nothing is set in stone but I want something that can live outside in a makeshift pen or something.