Hello, and thank you for all the great resources

Melaleuca

Location (City and/or State)
Maine
Hi all,

First I want to say this forum has been a great resource for finding out a ton of info on tortoises. I did a lot of research through this forum and basically everywhere else on the internet and have had a redfoot hatchling for a couple of months now. I named her Magda after Magda Szubanski (Australian comedian, actor, activist) because she's strong, funny, and has heaps of perseverance and determination just like my little tort. Maybe my little Magda will one day grow up to advocate for good things as well, who knows! Prior to this her name was Mango which I felt didn't quite capture how hilarious and obstinate she could be. I tort-sat a sulcata for a friend of mine for a few days and absolutely fell in love with having a tortoise around which was what led me to getting my little pal.

I'm currently located in Maine so keeping the temps and humidity high and damp down have been a challenge but we're getting there. I'm near the end of the process of building her a nice big indoor enclosure so I'll add that to the appropriate section as I get it finished.

Attachments

• IMG_20200924_090935.jpg
    IMG_20200924_090935.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20200922_082921.jpg
    IMG_20200922_082921.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200920_173602_1.jpg
    IMG_20200920_173602_1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13

TortoiseWarrior

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Hi...cool tort
Are you just making a indoor enclosure, or a closed chamber? It could help with temps and humidity.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hi all,

First I want to say this forum has been a great resource for finding out a ton of info on tortoises. I did a lot of research through this forum and basically everywhere else on the internet and have had a redfoot hatchling for a couple of months now. I named her Magda after Magda Szubanski (Australian comedian, actor, activist) because she's strong, funny, and has heaps of perseverance and determination just like my little tort. Maybe my little Magda will one day grow up to advocate for good things as well, who knows! Prior to this her name was Mango which I felt didn't quite capture how hilarious and obstinate she could be. I tort-sat a sulcata for a friend of mine for a few days and absolutely fell in love with having a tortoise around which was what led me to getting my little pal.

I'm currently located in Maine so keeping the temps and humidity high and damp down have been a challenge but we're getting there. I'm near the end of the process of building her a nice big indoor enclosure so I'll add that to the appropriate section as I get it finished.
Welcome to the forum. Redfoots Rock!