Hello and thank you!

Taco*mom

Hi everyone. I just want to introduce myself. Been a member since early of this month and just decided to come out of my shell. :oops:

I live in Indonesia and I have a sulcata named Taco. I had it since him was a week old (just call "him" for now). Luv him to pieces.. he is so adorable. Unfortunately, I haven't found this forum before. I didn't know about mazuri so Taco is rather small for a 6 months old. He is 80 gr now.

I was really worried about his growth, until I found DeanS IT thread. IT2 is so much like Taco. After I read about Mazuri, I was able to order it online. But Taco wouldn't eat it. I even bought Mazuri LS too. He didn't like it either. He is a picky eater. I wish I had read Tom's thread before about exposing him to as many food as I can when he was younger. I'll keep trying giving him more weeds and grasses. But so far it's kinda hard because Taco doesn't like mazuri to mix those new food with. What I do, I just chop some grasses and sprinkle it on top of his endive or other veggie that he likes. As much as he can, he will eat around those grasses and weeds. That lil bugger.. He also doesn't like his food chopped. He likes to tear those leaves in his cute-savage-beasty style.

I hope he'll be ok and will gain some weight..

Well, just wanna thank so many people in this forum

@DeanS for those detailed growth information and pictures!! Gosh you really made me want an ivory.

@Tom for your valuable threads. I copied them on my phone and re-read them when I can.

@Yvonne G for your many great advices. Love to read them!

@maggie3fan, @wellington, @Josh and gosh I couldn't possibly mention everyone. But thank you! You guys are wonderful.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Welcome. So glad you found us and decided to join in. I have several torts, mainly leopard and have a hatchling also. Well he's almost a year. He too likes to rip up his own food. I have never really chopped it up for him and he does great. Keep trying with all the different foods. Eventually he might accidentally try some new stuff and like it. Once the find they like the Mazuri it's usually their favorite. I'm sure he will catch on and do great.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi everyone. I just want to introduce myself. Been a member since early of this month and just decided to come out of my shell. :oops:

I live in Indonesia and I have a sulcata named Taco. I had it since him was a week old (just call "him" for now). Luv him to pieces.. he is so adorable. Unfortunately, I haven't found this forum before. I didn't know about mazuri so Taco is rather small for a 6 months old. He is 80 gr now.

I was really worried about his growth, until I found DeanS IT thread. IT2 is so much like Taco. After I read about Mazuri, I was able to order it online. But Taco wouldn't eat it. I even bought Mazuri LS too. He didn't like it either. He is a picky eater. I wish I had read Tom's thread before about exposing him to as many food as I can when he was younger. I'll keep trying giving him more weeds and grasses. But so far it's kinda hard because Taco doesn't like mazuri to mix those new food with. What I do, I just chop some grasses and sprinkle it on top of his endive or other veggie that he likes. As much as he can, he will eat around those grasses and weeds. That lil bugger.. He also doesn't like his food chopped. He likes to tear those leaves in his cute-savage-beasty style.

I hope he'll be ok and will gain some weight..

Well, just wanna thank so many people in this forum

@DeanS for those detailed growth information and pictures!! Gosh you really made me want an ivory.

@Tom for your valuable threads. I copied them on my phone and re-read them when I can.

@Yvonne G for your many great advices. Love to read them!

@maggie3fan, @wellington, @Josh and gosh I couldn't possibly mention everyone. But thank you! You guys are wonderful.

A very warm welcome to the forum! :) There's a lot to learn here. :D

Please post pics of your tort and his enclosure, and give him daily soaks in warm water, so as to avoid pyramiding and dehydration.;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Don't worry too much about the picky eating habits. A year from now that tortoise will be eating everything in sight.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, mom, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Taco.
He seems to be happy, healthy and handsome enough, judging from your avatar picture.
Nice to have you with us.

Taco*mom

Today I gave Taco some red radish. He tried a bite and quickly left. I hope you're right Tom.

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Welcome!! I am from Indonesia too. Luckily i found this forum months before i adopt one.
Throw any questions here. Our country care sheet is... meeehhhh :D

Lu_x85

Hello, I'm new too! A very warm welcome to you from the UK! Can't wait to see Taco's progress!