Hello and Tips Welcome!

KerryO

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hello my name is Kerry from Mass, and I am new to the forum. I recently purchased a hatchling leopard tortoise. He won't be arriving for a few weeks due to terrible weather. So, while I wait, I'm preparing for him. I would love any kind of tips and tricks other leopard tortoise owners have learned over time.

He will be housed indoors during the winter as we get a significant amount of snow here. In the summer he will be out during the day and in at night. There are way too many predators around for comfort.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kerry, and welcome to the Forum!

We have a very nice care sheet for leopard tortoises pinned at the top of our Leopard section.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Gotta love those leopards:D. Tom's great threads on their care if below in my post. The sulcata threads will also apply to the leopards.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome and congrats on your leopard. Definitely read the care guides and get your temps and humidity stable before he arrives. Ask any questions you have.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Kerry welcome to the TFO from AZ. Leopards Rule ! Didn't I hear on the weather this morning 3 feet of snow ???? Get the leopard a big big fur coat :)

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi Kerry, and welcome from the UK. I here we are getting the back end of your bad/good weather mid week over here. I like snow. :)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Welcome.

Read up on closed chambers. A very cost effective and energy efficient way to house a leopard in the needed warm and humid conditions. ;)

Glad to hear you just got 1! Enjoy him and let him be the sole king of his castle!