Hello Colin here, first post !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin =D

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ireland
Hello I'm Colin I live in Ireland (Wooo yay Ireland)

I'm a big animal lover an currently have a cat (Hoshi) a dog(Bo) and two spur thigh tortoises (Pink Floyd-F) and (Daft Punk-M) I'v been getting bits of info off the site for about a year now and thought I had best contribute now.

Im currently working on a new indoor inclosure for my shelled friends and will post again soon with pictures as I build. As you may know, Ireland is cold so after much thought talk I have decided on a four sided roofed well vented design 4 foot long 20 inch high and two foot wide.

With 8 square foot walking space inside and my room (and garden on decent days) I think they will be well housed. Please correct me if I am wrong, I look forward to hear from you =D

Yours in Animal Husbandry,
Colin

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Colin, and welcome to the Forum!

Yours is the second post I've read this evening were we were informed the the Forum has been helping you for a long time. Glad you've finally joined so we can get to know you, as you have been getting to know us!

Colin =D

5 Year Member
Ireland
Hi guys and Galls.

Here are my plans for my new enclosure, sorry aren't too clear as they are hand drawn and photo's of the plans taken via mobile. please find as attached !

The main structure will be made of melamine with 2x1 bracing and plexiglass on the floor and 5 inches up the walls to protect the wood from moisture damage the melamine is 18mm thick and the finnish product image is near to scale but not exact ! also there will be a silicone bead on the edges of the plexiglass for extra protection.

Please feel free to offer suggestions, I value your opinions input.

Colin.

Attachments

• Tort plan 1.jpg
    Tort plan 1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Tort plan 2.jpg
    Tort plan 2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.