Hello everyone, New owner who has taken on three lovely Tunisian spur thighed tortoises in July.

Brazzo

Location (City and/or State)
Hornchurch
When we opened and cleaned out the box we ended up with 3 eggs along with a few eggs from an Iberian that the previous owner dug up, I put them in an incubator and now we have two baby Tunisians and one Iberian, last one born yesterday.
Heard a lot of different opinions regarding tables or vivariums for the first 6 months of life, and wondered if someone with more knowledge could recommend the humidity level that these species should be kept at for hatchlings.
They have a 20 min soak each day, and will be fed only on weeds, with vitamins and calcium powder alternative days.
both the adults and the hatchlings have basking lamps, UVB bulbs and night time heating in separate enclosures.
I know i shouldn't kept both species together and will look at that in more detail as they get older and conditions they require, the retired pervious owner used to keep three adult Iberian and three adult Tunisians together and even used to hibernate them all, even the small Tunisians which I now know don't need hibernating,

see a few pictures temp.PNGeZy Watermark_18-09-2020_05-52-00pm.JPG

Attachments

• bpUgWUjyTNq63Pxhm7E6xA.jpg
    bpUgWUjyTNq63Pxhm7E6xA.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13