HELLO EVERYONE

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, arizona
I've been delinquent and ask your forgiveness. I hope everyone is being careful, observing safe distancing, and are stocked up for the long haul.

There is a sulcata board on facebook.. the owners there seem fumbling in the dark and I've been trying to send them here, In the back of my mind was the question "why have I been gone so long?" There really isn't an answer other than that life intervenes, and s#t happens.

RV sends her regards, and when I get on the phone, will post her latest picture.

Peace, Love, Light and HEALTH.

teri20200416_080744.jpg

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well for cryin' out loud. Look who's back! Hey, Teri. Don't be such a stranger!! RV looks great!

@Tom - look who's here!

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
Well for cryin' out loud. Look who's back! Hey, Teri. Don't be such a stranger!! RV looks great!

Thank Yvonne. RV is doing well, still stomping the yard. We're doing alright, albeit getting older (and that AIN'T for sissies, as we all know). I'll try to keep up and make myself more a presence here. Golly, I've MISSED everybody!

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
WOW ... RV looks absolutely terrific!

Thanks! How's life in the Queen City? Are you able to get Skyline curbside? There are some things I miss (lived there 10 years). Skyline (or Goldstar, if I was in that part of town) and Graters. Of course, I can get the ice cream from Fry's aka Kroger's - but just the mainliners. Seasonals like peach/raspberry swirl are just not to be had.

be well

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks! How's life in the Queen City? Are you able to get Skyline curbside? There are some things I miss (lived there 10 years). Skyline (or Goldstar, if I was in that part of town) and Graters. Of course, I can get the ice cream from Fry's aka Kroger's - but just the mainliners. Seasonals like peach/raspberry swirl are just not to be had.

be well
Most restaurants with drive-thrus are still serving. Plus they are doing the doordash thing. My office ordered a ton of 3-ways from GoldStar last week. I swear when I moved here and tried Cincy chili the first time, I thought I'd throw up. Funny how you develop a taste for it after a while. lol

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
Right? I thought Cincinnati Chili was the weirdest thing (spaghetti?? WHAT????) And then it was a routine for me. 3 way bean with a large milk. Miss it. Oh how I miss it. I have bought the canned sauce and it just isn't right.

There was a story quite some years ago about a fellow wooing an overseas company (complete with translator). Come lunch time, the guy suggests they all go out for lunch, I don't remember if it was a 3, 4 or 5 way. Obviously it didn't translate well and there was a lot of back pedaling and explaining to do.

jeneliza

burton michigan
I've been delinquent and ask your forgiveness. I hope everyone is being careful, observing safe distancing, and are stocked up for the long haul.

There is a sulcata board on facebook.. the owners there seem fumbling in the dark and I've been trying to send them here, In the back of my mind was the question "why have I been gone so long?" There really isn't an answer other than that life intervenes, and s#t happens.

RV sends her regards, and when I get on the phone, will post her latest picture.

Peace, Love, Light and HEALTH.

teriView attachment 291393
Very nice looking tortoises

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
FACEBOOK has at least two Redfoot tortoise groups that are beyond repair.
....Best just to leave it burning behind you as you leave.
Sometimes trying to help can be thankless and futile.
Thank you for your kindness.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
FACEBOOK has at least two Redfoot tortoise groups that are beyond repair.
....Best just to leave it burning behind you as you leave.
Sometimes trying to help can be thankless and futile.
Thank you for your kindness.

Thank you. I've left the group. It hurts to see the positive far outweighed by the negative. One voice in the wilderness is not enough.