Hello everyone!

Ashleygilmour

Location (City and/or State)
London
Hi guys I’m ashley 28 years old, I’ve always wanted a tortoise as a pet from when I was young. But I now am ready to purchase one I have two kids which both want a pet, my son has allergies and can’t have any pets with fur as it irritates him bad.... so they are both on board to have a tortoise ?
Before I do I wanted to get all the information about them and what would be the best one to get as a pet.

lookinforward to hearing from you guys

ashley x

The Tortoise Tree

Venus
what kind of tortoise are you looking into getting? If you have not decided yet I would recomend a greek tortoise or a red foot.

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi guys I’m ashley 28 years old, I’ve always wanted a tortoise as a pet from when I was young. But I now am ready to purchase one I have two kids which both want a pet, my son has allergies and can’t have any pets with fur as it irritates him bad.... so they are both on board to have a tortoise ?
Before I do I wanted to get all the information about them and what would be the best one to get as a pet.

ashley x
You came to the right place.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome you have come to the right place. Dont get wrapped up in pet store info. They will sell you alot of equipment you won't need. All the info you need is right here. There are some very good breeders here or can direct you to a breeder that might be near you. You take a chance buying from a pet store and end up with a sick tort that might end badly.
Good luck and remember sulcata's get real big. A smaller breed like Tortoise Tree suggested is probably the better choice.

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love Leopard Tortoises because they are beautiful, get pretty large, but don’t dig or burrow nor do they hibernate. They are friendly too.

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Near Disneyland
Welcome Ashley! We all have our favorite tortoises and turtles here!

The question is where are you going to keep them?
I have cute box turtles and I kept them inside when they where babies, and when they got older I have an outdoor pen for them.

Some tortoises get big, others do not. Do you want a tortoise that lives outside?
So many possibilities!

We have the different species forums you can go into and ask questions there.

You have come to the right place to find out what tortoise is going to be great for you!

Looking forward to see more posts from you!

:)

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC

ashley x
Welcome and this is a great place to get information before you get a tortoise. Good luck!

Ashleygilmour

London
Welcome Ashley! We all have our favorite tortoises and turtles here!

The question is where are you going to keep them?
I have cute box turtles and I kept them inside when they where babies, and when they got older I have an outdoor pen for them.

Some tortoises get big, others do not. Do you want a tortoise that lives outside?
So many possibilities!

We have the different species forums you can go into and ask questions there.

You have come to the right place to find out what tortoise is going to be great for you!

Looking forward to see more posts from you!

:)
Preferably one that lives inside

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Ashley!

You CAN keep a tortoise indoors, but they really do much better when set up outside in the garden. To that end, one that hibernates would suit your climate.