Hello everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdventureGirl

5 Year Member
My name is Colby and I just got my first tortoise. Her name is Adventure Girl and I am worried because she has not eaten since I brought her home. We have put red leaf lettuce and some spring mix green in her enclosure with her but she has not eaten since I got her on Sunday. Any suggestion's???

My dad is making an appointment to take her in and get he checked out at the vet.............she hasn't pooped either and we wanted to take in a sample for the vet as well.........but that hasn't happened either.

We are using the Veterinary List that was posted here so we can get to a vet in Alaska that has experience with tortoise's. That was a very handy post!!!

Thank You

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Colby:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

ewam

5 Year Member
Southern Ca.
Hey welcome to the forum!

What type of tort is it an how old?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Colby, what kind of tortoise is it, and how are you housing it? What are your temps?

AdventureGirl

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Colby, what kind of tortoise is it, and how are you housing it? What are your temps?

Hi Tom,

It is a Russian Tort and it is in a large rubbermaid container. Temp's are about 90*F in the basking area and humidity about 40%. At night it gets down to about 70*F in the whole enclosure. Feeding her spring greens and red leaf lettuce?

Thank you for your help Tom

Colby

AdventureGirl

5 Year Member
Thank you everyone..........I forgot to add that she is a Russian Tort and we are located in the Anchorage Alaska area...........

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Colby! Glad your here with us. Do you have a light on AG? How long have you had her? It may be that she is not eating due to the stress of coming into a new environment. Plus this time of year, Russians tend to naturally be trying to slow down in order to hibernate. Are you giving her warm soaks?

AdventureGirl

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Hi Colby! Glad your here with us. Do you have a light on AG? How long have you had her? It may be that she is not eating due to the stress of coming into a new environment. Plus this time of year, Russians tend to naturally be trying to slow down in order to hibernate. Are you giving her warm soaks?

Hi Jacqui,

She has a 100-watt heat lamp and a UVB lamp as well for her.........she has a wading pool but we haven't done any warm soaks with her. How warm should the water be???

I got her on Sunday so have had her for a few days.......my dad and I are going to work on a new enclosure for her so she'll have a little more room to roam.

Thank you

Colby

Status
Not open for further replies.