Hello Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn2

5 Year Member
Hi, I've been reading posts on this site for a few months now since I've had my tortoises and I can't tell you how valuable all of the information has been to us! What a great resource for tortie owners!

I do have a question concerning my 8 month old marginated if anyone can point me in the direction of the SME on marginateds/mediterraneans.

Thanks a lot and looking forward to sharing the information and experiences!

Dawn

Owner of 8 month old marginated "Marble" and
4 month old Hermann's named "Rusty"

Dawn2

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Hello and welcome.

SME?

Sorry...Subject Matter Expert... We use a lot of acronyms at work it's just second nature for me sometimes..

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome :)

Hello there are many of us experienced in keeping Testudo type tortoises on here... just ask away and we'll be there :)

Dawn2

5 Year Member
JoesMum said:
Hello and welcome :)

Hello there are many of us experienced in keeping Testudo type tortoises on here... just ask away and we'll be there :)

OK. Thanks..

My marginated (8 mos) will not eat unless he's outside. I live in NC so it's quite hot and humid but I try to make his indoor enclosure the same temp. as it is outdoors in the sun which is usually around 88-95 in the basking area. If it is a day of inclement weather and he is kept inside for the day he will not eat. He will bask under the MV lamp for hours but just lies there sprawled out and sleeps. He will go to his hide and pass right by the food sometimes stopping to smell it but doesn't eat. It's worrysome because it gets quite cold here in the late fall and will have to keep them indoors for at least 4-5 mos. over the winter. I have tried changing the MV bulb in case there was something wrong with it but it did not help. Outdoors, he eats non-stop like a little piggy...LOL In fact he completely clears his dishes. Any suggestions on how I can make his more active, alert and hungry indoors?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Marble.bmp
    5.5 MB · Views: 7

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Dawn: