Hello everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Norway
Hello,

I am 29 years old and have loved tortoises since I was a little boy. I got a baby tortoise about a month ago from a pet shop. They called her (I think it is a she) a greek tortoise. However I have had several tortoises since I was a little boy that lived in my garden (we let them back in the wild about 3 years ago) on the coast of croatia (they were hermanns), and I feel my baby tortoise looks alot like the 4 I used to have. Could someone take a look at the pictures and tell me what species\subspecies I have?

By the way, tortoise forum is an amazing resource. I have learned so much from this site.

Attachments

• DSC_0151.JPG
    DSC_0151.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0153.JPG
    DSC_0153.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 24

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, gtc.

I don't know my Mediterranean species, but someone will come along and help you.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) looks like a hermanns to me, however I am no expert and some of them look a lot a like. That would just be my guess.

gtc

5 Year Member
Norway
GBtortoises said:
It's one of the MiddleEastern subspecies of Greek tortoise. It's difficult to determine exactly which one. Many of the MiddleEastern Greeks look very similar when they're that young.

Thanks a lot for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.