Hello. (eyes always closed)

owenashley128

Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio
Hello all, I've a red eared for about 3 years now. This past winter he went into what I thought was brumation and still is not eating to this day. I'm getting worried. His eyes are always closed and he doesn't move much. Am I over thinking it or is something really wrong?

Thank you

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Hello all, I've a red eared for about 3 years now. This past winter he went into what I thought was brumation and still is not eating to this day. I'm getting worried. His eyes are always closed and he doesn't move much. Am I over thinking it or is something really wrong?

Thank you
What is the temperature of the water? What are you feeding him? What UVB lights are you using and how often do you clean his water? Do you have a filter? I don't know much about turtles so when you answer these questions then maybe the more experienced members can help you. Welcome to the forum!

owenashley128

San Antonio
What is the temperature of the water? What are you feeding him? What UVB lights are you using and how often do you clean his water? Do you have a filter? I don't know much about turtles so when you answer these questions then maybe the more experienced members can help you. Welcome to the forum!
Temperature is 80 right now. Usually feed him shrimp and tilapia but he hasn't eaten in months. I use 40W day and night bulbs on a timer. Clean his tank every 2 weeks. Thank you!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
please forgive this question...but are you sure he's alive,,,that's awful warm water for a slider

RJOfford

Essex
Temperature is 80 right now. Usually feed him shrimp and tilapia but he hasn't eaten in months. I use 40W day and night bulbs on a timer. Clean his tank every 2 weeks. Thank you!
He hasn't eaten for months, and you're only just now wondering if something is wrong? If he has not been brumating for the majority of this period then I would be seriously worried.

owenashley128

San Antonio
He hasn't eaten for months, and you're only just now wondering if something is wrong? If he has not been brumating for the majority of this period then I would be seriously worried.
Hello. This has never happened before and I've never experienced a brumation so I'm trying to figure out if this is still the brumation period.

RJOfford

Essex
If he has been brought up to temperature following brumation, then he should be awake by now. Since when did you get him out of brumation, or was it a natural brumation outside?