Hello fellow Canadians!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeansie1988

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamilton, ON
Hi all you fellow Canadians!

Does anyone here in ON near Hamilton maybe have any torts for sale??

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
I'm looking for yellow foot or red foot also near hamilton if any one is selling I have checked kijiji debating on crossing the boreder to buy one or two

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
I don't think that any of us Canada dwellers are breeding tortoises yet.

meagan

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
I am also looking to buy some tortoises. Leopard, greek, herman, maybe pancake. I live near toronto, ontario but i am willing to drive a distance. Any help is appreciated!

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
I'm in Toronto and I know 2 good breeders there. Tails & Scales in the West end (they ship :) and All Reptiles in the East end. I'm a frequent shopper there and I saw hatchlings of every breed mentioned above :)

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Stoney creek ontario
I have red foot eggs right now I'll post when they hatch

Rover15 said:
I'm looking for yellow foot or red foot also near hamilton if any one is selling I have checked kijiji debating on crossing the boreder to buy one or two

We are not allowed to cross the border and bring back tortoises it's illegal kinda.... You need permits and or be a zoo or a researcher but you can't breed and sell the babies that is illegal the permits are quite expensive

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
You can bring it over as a pet but yes you need permits and such reptile express will bring them in but it is really expensive but I have found a yellow footed tortoise breeder in new market that should have some ready by november december

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Sorry I only know breeders in ontario however the one guy ships with reptileexpress.ca on request. But I don't thing he has box turtles I know he breeds red and yellow footed torts russians and hermanns

meagan

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone,
I have found someone breeding Sulcatas and Leopards not from from Toronto if anyone is interested just send me your info and I can pass it along. I just bought a leopard tortoise from him which is very healthy and active.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Hi
I'm in Manitoba and know a few breeders.
You can check out CBC Chelonians on face book they have a wide selection of captive bred torts and turtles too. I have a friend in Manitoba breeding Hermanns and Greeks.(PM me for his email)
In Ontario there are a few breeders-a yellow foot breeder called Mike but I am unsure of his details, he occasionally posts photos and info on Reptiles Canada classifieds and forum.
Kijiji has lots but be careful-I just had a very odd transaction with a guy from Ontario-more posted later on Rep Can about that.
There is Port Credit Pets they have a huge list of species available currently
I hope in the near future to have Red Foot cherries laying-maybe next year(fingers crossed)
But for now I hope these suggestions help a few folks.
Its tough finding them in Canada but you can find the usual species such as
Sulcatta, Hermanns, Greek, Stars, box turtles, marginated occasionally, pancakes occasionally,leopards not as commonly butnot impossible, red foots, yellow foots more uncommon and Russians too fairly easily.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Also didn't realise C and C tortoises had any babies available yet, but they have Stars and leopards and they are great guys with really nice tortoises and doing a great job with some unusual species in Canada.
They have posted a couple of ads today on here.I would not hesitate to buy from these folks.

Timothy's Tortoises

5 Year Member
Hi everyone!

I am Timothy, and my grandfather, father, and I have been breeding tortoises (mainly Mediterranean species) in Canada for the past few decades. We only just recently started selling to the public, as it is something my grandfather would never allow before (it seems the average hobbyist is becoming more capable of caring for our babies properly now). Anyway, I am the breeder referenced above by Meagan and Gregory (Rover15).

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about tortoise husbandry.

All the best,
Timothy (Timothy's Tortoises)

skylove520

5 Year Member
meagan said:
Hi everyone,
I have found someone breeding Sulcatas and Leopards not from from Toronto if anyone is interested just send me your info and I can pass it along. I just bought a leopard tortoise from him which is very healthy and active.

I want to buy it too .can u send me that contact number .

Timothy's Tortoises

5 Year Member
skylove520 said:
I want to buy it too .can u send me that contact number .

My email address is [email protected] (I am the breeder Meagan is referring to).

I won't have Leopard babies until late 2013. I do have Sulcata babies at the moment (as well as Greek, Hermann's, and Russian babies and subadults).

Timothy

Status
Not open for further replies.