Hello fellow tort parents!

Tommyknockers84

Location (City and/or State)
Denver,Colorado
KIMG0177.jpg 10688050_593365817453294_8195881334371935094_o.jpg Hi everyone! My name is Amber and I am from Denver, Colorado. I am 31 years old and I am the proud "mom" to little Tommyknockers. He is a RUSSIAN TORTOISE. I guess he is around 4 years of age but not sure I have only had the privilege of that title for about two months and he is my first. I am super amazed by any and everything he does so I love learning all I can. I will ask a ton of questions so please bear with me. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Last edited:

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hello and.....welcome to the :tort: forum! You'll love it here: the people are very friendly and helpful. :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello Amber and your sweet Tommyknockers and a very warm welcome to Tortoise forum.
The photo of your tort is a little blurred but he looks fine.
Have a look at the care sheet http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/
This will give you lots of good up to date Russian tortoise information.
If you've any questions, please do ask as there are many experienced Russian tortoise keepers here.
Read, learn, contribute, share and have fun!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum,Amber. Tommy is more likely about 10 or 12 years old. He's almost full grown, but any growth from now on will be very slow. We have a good care sheet for Russian tortoises pinned at the top of our Russian section.

Tommyknockers84

Denver,Colorado
KIMG0175.jpg
Welcome to the Forum,Amber. Tommy is more likely about 10 or 12 years old. He's almost full grown, but any growth from now on will be very slow. We have a good care sheet for Russian tortoises pinned at the top of our Russian section.
Wow! Really? See what I mean by being amazed of my little guy! I never would have guessed. I rescued him from a person who had no interest in him at all. She had him in a tiny tank with zero lighting. She would throw in whatever food she had maybe once a month. Never cleaned his substrate or water. He is a completely different tortoise now! So cute and very loving! I hope this is a better picture of him. And the strawberry you see was only for a treat but I freaked out after he took a bite because I was worried about his health.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
View attachment 129904
Wow! Really? See what I mean by being amazed of my little guy! I never would have guessed. I rescued him from a person who had no interest in him at all. She had him in a tiny tank with zero lighting. She would throw in whatever food she had maybe once a month. Never cleaned his substrate or water. He is a completely different tortoise now! So cute and very loving! I hope this is a better picture of him. And the strawberry you see was only for a treat but I freaked out after he took a bite because I was worried about his health.
When I give my Russians strawberry I just give the tops that way they greens ( tops ) with just a very very small amount of strawberry . And I suffer through eating the rest of the strawberry . :)

Tommyknockers84

Denver,Colorado
That is a much better idea! After he took the bite I was concerned because he kept "scratching" at his mouth. I am sure he would rather eat the tops anyway.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Welcome! He is pretty good looking for the conditions he was living in!! He is lucky to have found you!!