Hello from Arizona!

Hugo's Home

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chesnee, South Carolina
Hello all
New to this forum and a new to be owner of a 9 yr old sulcata about 44 lbs! We're down here in beautiful Sierra vista, az. We're rescuing Hugo at the end of the month as the current owners cannot take care of him anymore. Pretty excited about it. Been hovering around this site for the past two months getting ideas for his enclosure and reading all the goodstuff you all have posted about. As the end of the month approaces we got the fencing up and starting to back fill the trench. I'll start a thread with how we are doing his enclosure area build and his man-made burrow.. should hopefully be done this weekend or next.. i was thinking about doing some youtube videos on how were doing it as their isn't really an assortment of adult sulcata videos.. and also how we are slowly turning our acre into a food forest ..still in progress will take years but will be nice to document on how were going to do it.
Here is one pic of the perimeter after the tractor dug the trench for the fence about a month ago and the hole for his summer burrow. Keep an eye out for the thread this afternoon! I look forward to all of your input especially when we start his winter house in the shed.

20170612_145153.jpg

AmberD

Ontario
Welcome and congrats on the new addition! Look forward to seeing the enclosure

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Congrats on you new shelled family member. Looks like you have lots of room to play with. The YouTube vid might be a good idea. Also a running thread here of your progress is another really good idea.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Hello

I spent 20 years living in Sierra Vista. I've been in Houston for the past 6 years now. In fact my wife and kids are in SV right now on vacation visiting family.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

I'm looking forward to your pictures, and also, pictures of the tortoise when he comes to live with you.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Since you're in Sierra Vista I'm going to send you on a little mission for me. Go to Vinny's and eat some Gold and Tangy wings for me. Or as my son calls them, Gold and Tiny. I miss those wings