Hello from AZ!!

smjohns

Location (City and/or State)
AZ
Hello everyone! I live in southwest Arizona and I’m here to learn lots about my Sulacata tortoise. Her name is Peaches and I’ve had her for about 8 months and she’s almost 2 years old. She’s a sweetheart and she has grown so much since I’ve gotten her. She also eats like a beast. I will be posting photos of her and updates of her weight on here so I can see how much see continues to grow

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome Peaches is adorable. Looks like Peaches is experiencing some pyramiding. Keep your enclosure completely closed and humidity 80°<. Soaks in warm water for 1/2 hr everyday water even with the carapace and plastrom. Dont let water cool down.

smjohns

AZ
Welcome Peaches is adorable. Looks like Peaches is experiencing some pyramiding. Keep your enclosure completely closed and humidity 80°<. Soaks in warm water for 1/2 hr everyday water even with the carapace and plastrom. Dont let water cool down.

I’ve noticed it and I’ve been reading up on that, and I’ve been giving her baths (she loves to poop in them haha) and I made her a humid hide. Thank you very much for your advice. I’m really happy I joined this forum so I can learn how to better care for her.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I’ve noticed it and I’ve been reading up on that, and I’ve been giving her baths (she loves to poop in them haha) and I made her a humid hide. Thank you very much for your advice. I’m really happy I joined this forum so I can learn how to better care for her.
That is the only place Opo poops is when he is soaking . The warm water stimulates it.