Hello from California!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whughes

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Hello! My name's Will and I adopted my first-ever herp, Argos, back in May of this year. He is a handsome Greek tortoise, vet estimates him at about 10 years old. Right now, we live along the central coast of California.

Shortly after adopting him, Argos started showing symptoms of a pre-contracted condition. He spent the summer too weak to eat and move about and I spent it monitoring him like a hawk, on the phone with the vet, and frantically researching online. Luckily, as of a month ago, we seem to be getting back to healthy :)

Now that he's feeling better, I've been slowly ramping up activities and enrichment for him to keep him happy - I'm always looking for new enrichment ideas!! I've learned so much about tortoise care already through my studies and what Argos has taught me, and I can't wait to learn more!

I'm excited to have found this online community, and I look forward to participating, meeting other tortoise fans and caretakers, and sharing knowledge!

Best,
Will & Argos :D:tort:

Attachments

• pumpkin.jpg
    pumpkin.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 27

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! *waves* Welcome to the forum. What caused you to decide to get a tortoise in the first place?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Will, and welcome to the Forum!!

whughes

5 Year Member
California
Jacqui said:
Hi! *waves* Welcome to the forum. What caused you to decide to get a tortoise in the first place?

Hi! I've been working with various exotic animals for a few years now and I was really wanting a companion at home. I'm fascinated by herps and their behavior and I thought it would be a great opportunity to learn more by caring for a companion herp (and I've always thought tortoises were so cool). After researching turtles (and snakes and lizards) throughout the spring, Argos stumbled into my life in May and I jumped at the chance! I am totally smitten with him and I'm looking forward to our life together! :)

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome to TFO. Waving from the central valley of California! !

Status
Not open for further replies.