Hello From Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello Everybody:)
I live in Manitoba and we have 2 redfoots as well as a large selection of other animals-almost a petting Zoo! see below
I would appreciate any advice on making a tortoise table for my redfoots as they need a permanent, larger enclosure now and I think they may be male and female! They are 2 and a half years old. I want to know if 7 feet by 3 feet would be adequate?
We have very harsh , long winters so this will be in use from Sept til May and evenings too.
I used to have a hermans that emmigrated to Canada from the UK with us but sadly my rabbit set him free and we didn't find him in time. He was found the following spring 6 miles north of our place-very sad.
Impossible to find another Hermans in Canada and it seems impossible to get anything from the US into Canada.
However I'm grateful for my lovely redfoots.

2 redfoots
Sibe Husky
pyrenees mountain dog
collie lab x
2 rabbits
peafowl
guinea fowl
hen
rooster
yak
highland cattle
pony
horse
Alpacas
fish

3 children and a hubby
Thanks in advance
:)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Sounds like you have a pretty full house. LOL.:p I will leave the advice on making a tortoise table for your redfoots to the redfoot owners. Just wanted to Welcome you to the forum.

Redfoot

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
Sounds like you have a pretty full house. LOL.:p I will leave the advice on making a tortoise table for your redfoots to the redfoot owners. Just wanted to Welcome you to the forum.

Thanks Robyn!
Looking forward to learning lots more about tortoises.
Yes there are never any dull moments at this house!
Looking forward to seeing green again and saying goodbye to all the snow!
Take care

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
welcome to tfo! let me know if you have any problems navigating or using the site

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
that certainly is a Houseful:D welcome to the forum:)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Welcome to the forum! We love pictures.....of all animals! Would love to see a pic of your yak!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Welcome, a 7' x 3' enclosure should be fine for quite a while. You should also be considering on outside enclosure for the summer. I kept a trio of redfoots in Minnesota for 15 years and took full advantage of summer when I could. We've got a few long term RF owners here, so we'll try to give advice (or at least opinions) on these great torts. Check out www.redfoots.com

Redfoot

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Itort said:
Welcome, a 7' x 3' enclosure should be fine for quite a while. You should also be considering on outside enclosure for the summer. I kept a trio of redfoots in Minnesota for 15 years and took full advantage of summer when I could. We've got a few long term RF owners here, so we'll try to give advice (or at least opinions) on these great torts. Check out www.redfoots.com

Hi Thanks for the advice.
The tortoise table we want to make is intended as their last one in terms of sizing.I hope to make it deep enough for egg laying and provide what adults need.Yes we are going to work on a new shelter for outdoors too and plan to put it against the side of the chicken shed because it faces south and is protected from the north.July and August are good times for the redfoots to be outside here.

Redfoot

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
jlyoncc1 said:
Welcome to the forum! We love pictures.....of all animals! Would love to see a pic of your yak!

Hi
I'll try to add a yak pic here and see if it works!
Need to photograph my torts and send them too.

Attachments

• img069.jpg
    img069.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 5

Redfoot

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Redfoot said:
jlyoncc1 said:

Hi
I'll try to add a yak pic here and see if it works!
Need to photograph my torts and send them too.

I will add one of last years alpaca babies too!

Attachments

• Cola cria 2007 3.6.07.jpg
    Cola cria 2007 3.6.07.jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.