Hello from Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scirish

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alberta, Canada
Hey all! So I stumbled across this forum about a year ago when I was looking at buying a tortoise but I never bothered to create an account cause I was too busy reading and researching. However now that life has settled down again and my tortoise seems healthy I decided to create an account so I can be apart of some of these discussions. Anyways heres an introduction of both my tortoise and myself.

I am twenty year old University student from Alberta Canada. Last year my dog of 15 years passed away and that was very tough. However my parents told me that if I kept my grades high for the semester that they would buy me any pet I wanted for christmas. After research and knowing a few people that had some I decided I wanted a red-footed tortoise. I had plans to buy one from a breeder but I happened to be in a pet store buying some supplies when I came across a little tortoise who looked very sick and poorly treated. I went home that day and couldn’t get that tortoise out of my mind so I ended up going back and buying him even though he was very sick. However now almost a year has gone by since I got him and he seems to be very healthy. Big thanks to some of the posters here I read a lot of what you guys had to say and that was a big reason I was able to save him. Oh his name is Knuckles after a character from Sonic the Hedgehog! Anyways thanks again for the help and I look forward to talking more with you all! And I will post pictures when I get a chance!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Well hello welcome to the forum that is great you did your research first an it is also great that you took on a sick tort an nursed it back to health that's awesome:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Scirish:

Welcome to the forum!! May we know your name?

It makes me so proud of our forum when I read a story like yours. We've got some pretty good info out there for people to research, and I'm very happy to be a part of it.

Thank goodness you were able to get your new tortoise back to a healthy condition. Waiting for pictures!!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum :)

I'm glad we could help :D

Danny

R

rachely476

Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Scirish

5 Year Member
Alberta, Canada
Hey all thanks for the welcome! And as promised here are some pictures of Knuckles! Just a few things first I ran out of cypress mulch and haven't found any so I am currently using a different substrate until I can find something better. Also I know there should be some plants in there and I am working on getting some in there! I wish I had some pictures of when I first got him but sadly my computer crashed and I hadn't backed up my files (serves me right) anyways here are some I took over the last few weeks. If you guys see anything that doesn't looks right let me know! Thanks!

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.