Hello from Colorado Springs

SusannahJoy

Hello everyone! I am pretty new to tortoises (although I have decades of experience with other herps), my husband and I bought a baby leopard tortoise and then had to move to Hawaii for a few years, where we obviously could not take him. So he's been fostered at my very wonderful mother in law's house for the past 4 years, and now that we're in Colorado Springs I cannot wait to get him back! We will be converting a chicken coop into an indoor/outdoor enclosure for him and would love any advice you can give, as well as to meet up with some other reptile lovers in the area. He won't be arriving for a couple weeks as least, so I've been reading everything I can about how to build the enclosure and how to prepare in general.

Alecia

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado, USA
Hi neighbor! I live in Monument and have Russian torts. I love leopards. If I were to get a second species that would be my pick. I hope you can post pictures of your tort and enclosure when you get everything set up. Good luck!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hello everyone! I am pretty new to tortoises (although I have decades of experience with other herps), my husband and I bought a baby leopard tortoise and then had to move to Hawaii for a few years, where we obviously could not take him. So he's been fostered at my very wonderful mother in law's house for the past 4 years, and now that we're in Colorado Springs I cannot wait to get him back! We will be converting a chicken coop into an indoor/outdoor enclosure for him and would love any advice you can give, as well as to meet up with some other reptile lovers in the area. He won't be arriving for a couple weeks as least, so I've been reading everything I can about how to build the enclosure and how to prepare in general.
A very warm welcome to the forum!

Will be looking forward to seeing pics of your tort and his enclosure.

Please read the Beginners Mistakes Thread and the different care sheets that will definitely help you. And ask any question whenever in doubt.