Hello from DFW area!

Brit G

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I made this account long, long ago -- so long ago, I had actually completely changed career paths from surgical tech/human surgeon to vet tech and completed the program since I had created my bio in 2016! Haha, it is so funny how perspectives change over time -- could not imagine doing anything else but veterinary medicine now! It has my heart completely!

I came back to this account because my father found a Texas Tortoise, a protected species, and brought it home to me because he believed it was in an unsafe area. It was also weirdly friendly. While I am in the middle of contacting local wildlife rescues and understand this tortoise is off-limits, my craving to learn more about tortoises is re-awakened!

I have lizards and furry pets currently, but wish to build an outdoor enclosure for a small tortoise this year. I will not rush it and will do all proper research... I would love to welcome a golden greek tortoise to my family! Aaa they are so beautiful! And someday, when I open my own veterinary clinic, my tortoise will have been with me through it all! (exotic veterinarian is the end game! gotta love DFW for its many exotic veterinary clinics!)

I am lucky that my mother loves reptiles and would not mind caring for a tortoise for me while I am away studying or if anything ever happened to me -- she already helps me care for my many beloved geckos and beardie when I have to travel!

Hoping to get to know some awesome tortoise folk!

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
I made this account long, long ago -- so long ago, I had actually completely changed career paths from surgical tech/human surgeon to vet tech and completed the program since I had created my bio in 2016! Haha, it is so funny how perspectives change over time -- could not imagine doing anything else but veterinary medicine now! It has my heart completely!

I came back to this account because my father found a Texas Tortoise, a protected species, and brought it home to me because he believed it was in an unsafe area. It was also weirdly friendly. While I am in the middle of contacting local wildlife rescues and understand this tortoise is off-limits, my craving to learn more about tortoises is re-awakened!

I have lizards and furry pets currently, but wish to build an outdoor enclosure for a small tortoise this year. I will not rush it and will do all proper research... I would love to welcome a golden greek tortoise to my family! Aaa they are so beautiful! And someday, when I open my own veterinary clinic, my tortoise will have been with me through it all! (exotic veterinarian is the end game! gotta love DFW for its many exotic veterinary clinics!)

I am lucky that my mother loves reptiles and would not mind caring for a tortoise for me while I am away studying or if anything ever happened to me -- she already helps me care for my many beloved geckos and beardie when I have to travel!

Hoping to get to know some awesome tortoise folk!

I live in the DFW area as well!! I’m a transplant though from the Pacific Northwest. That’s so cool that you have found a passion in veterinary medicine. I wanted to go to get school but my grades weren’t good enough and I went down other paths in life. You came to the right place if you’re looking for the best info and amazing people. This forum was a lifesaver for me when I found myself having to care for my first Russian.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Good luck in your achieving your dream of both being a vet and getting your tort. Sounds like you got a great plan.

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
Hello and welcome from North East, Texas..I'm just a couple hours from you! Good luck on everything!