Hello from England, UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

herriotfan

5 Year Member
Hi
I'm new on here, only just joined the forum.
I'm from England, UK.
I have several pets of my own (and I'm a foster mum for an animal sanctuary) but no tortoise at the moment.
I'm seriously considering getting a Horsfield Tortoise and joined this forum so I can look at the treads to do loads of research.
If I can't find the information I'm looking for I will probably be asking you guys for help!!
Can't wait to get started on my research and looking at all your photos too. :rolleyes:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I personally like russians (have 3) but I know that hermanns are pretty popular in the UK, well welcome and enjoy the ride.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Welcome and it's nice to hear your willingness to do research first. This forum is sooooo informative.

S

stells

Hi

Once you have done your research... if you need help finding a breeder... give me a shout and i will see who is in your area :D

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Welcome to the Forum from sunny South Florida! There is a wealth of information here. You will find that most people here are either fairly well versed or at least have good intentions. Douglas

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Welcome. I'm always thrilled to hear about someone doing their homework BEFORE bringing home an animal. Good for you.

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Just trying to keep it real! I love all of my turtle and tortoise friends, for real! I am always happy to see some new life into this site. Bring some friends if you can, it keeps things interesting. Best wishes from soggy South Florida. And yes, you will probably get weather updates from me like it or not. Now that we are going into the rainy season picts might even be included! LOL Douglas

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Welcome to the forum! I just took my daughter to Thirsk in 2007 to tour Herriot country a bit and we drove up through the Dales over Buttertubs Pass--absolutely gorgeous country.

You lucky dog if you live there. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi "Herriotfan":

Welcome to the forum!!

(May we know your name?)

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
Im in the UK, where abouts are you from?
I an from the e.midlands (nottinghamshire)

I have a hermann, would like a russian, the ideal first is a hermann, horsefields are a little hardier!!
I love mi tortuga!!!

herriotfan

5 Year Member
Hi
In reply to some questions you've asked:
My name is Angela.
I live in Essex, near Saffron Walden.
I too did the Herriot tour. Amazing place. Loved Yourshire and felt right at home up north. Skeldale House (the real one) is an awesome place to visit if you're a herriot fan!!!
Thanks for all the welcomes, so friendly!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Angela! Which book is your favorite? What pets do you have? I also will add to the long list of others who praised you for researching first! :D

herriotfan

5 Year Member
Hi again,
I really couldn't choose a favourite, I love all the books. I don't know of any other author who can bring out so many emotions through the page, he was just the best.
I'll list my pets:
3 dogs, (Bernese Mountain Dog called Dillon, Border Terrier called Ellie, English Toy Spaniel called Alfie)
1 Senegal Parrot called Peanut
1 Cornsnake called Hissin-Sid
1 Bearded Dragon called Izzy
1 Crested Gecko called Echo
2 Tanks of fish (1 tropical and 1 coldwater goldfish)
I also foster for a local animal sanctuary so I could have any number of foster animals too!!!
Thanks for the praise regards to research. I just wish more people would do it. As a foster mum I see the results when people haven't bothered and then the animal doesn't suit their life-style. It makes me so cross that the poor animal ends up getting the rough end of things.
I just thank the Lord I am able to help some of these animals to find a better life and a good home.
I'm getting lots of info on tortoises and it's very interesting to read new details about them. I find it all very fascinating.
I've got a feeling I'll be spending many, many hours on here....... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.