Hello from England!

Melissa101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
image.jpg Hi my name is Melissa, mum to two Spur Thighed tortoises, George and Harry (when I bought them over 10 years ago I had to pick unisex names!).

Here they are in the garden, being watched over by Oliver the Shih Tzu (if I can work out how to upload pics from my phone!)

Looking forward to meeting other tortoise lovers and probably asking lots of annoying questions!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello Melissa and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you, George and Harry.
Ask away, the people here are only too happy to answer any questions you may have, it's not annoying.
Be very careful of the dog.
He may be sweet and good tempered, no trouble for years and the one day he decides a tortoise makes a good chew toy.
This has happened so many times and people always think they'll be the exception.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/another-dog-story.45850/
Have fun here too.

Melissa101

5 Year Member
UK
Hi, thanks for the advice. I totally agree, and while my dog is very gentle and good natured, I am always close by and never leave him unattended. One of my torts got picked up by a different dog before, and even though he didn't do any permanent damage, it's made me very vigilant!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hi, thanks for the advice. I totally agree, and while my dog is very gentle and good natured, I am always close by and never leave him unattended. One of my torts got picked up by a different dog before, and even though he didn't do any permanent damage, it's made me very vigilant!
Hello MelissaImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1437511141.308017.jpg