Hello from England!

Lucy1233

Location (City and/or State)
England
Hello, I am a first time tortoise owner and have a nearly 1 year old female Horsefield tortoise called Nuggette, we got her in December and I couldn’t love her more. Her favourite foood is cress and she loves digging holes to sleep in. Hoping to get lots of information to help make Nuggette a very happy tortoise.

Last edited:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome a. pic of Nuggette and your enclosure will help to make sure you have things right.
There are breeders here and other longtime tortoise raisers. Lots of up to date information.
Ask away!

Lucy1233

England
Welcome a. pic of Nuggette and your enclosure will help to make sure you have things right.
There are breeders here and other longtime tortoise raisers. Lots of up to date information.
Ask away!
Thank you! Will get some pics of her enclosure tomorrow during the day, but I do have some photos of Nuggette, here are two recent ones.

E9E3F78E-B552-4FFB-A970-E1A91061E345.jpeg 6D55DBAF-D359-4572-8D9D-78CE756D84F4.jpeg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thank you! Will get some pics of her enclosure tomorrow during the day, but I do have some photos of Nuggette, here are two recent ones.
What a great looking tort. So cute.
Just some heads up when you post your enclosure. We expect things will not be perfect. So you will hearl responses that might sound direct. They are not meant to be. The members here are great and care about giving every tort it's best chance of growing healthy.
Read the care sheets for Horsefields and enjoy the journey.

Lucy1233

England
628B474F-EB9C-49E2-9B67-D398769FAB45.jpeg Here is a photo taken from when I was giving her some fresh food this morning.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

Just a heads up: Some of those compact fluorescent bulbs have been known to cause eye problems in young tortoises.

Lucy1233

England
Hi, and welcome!

Just a heads up: Some of those compact fluorescent bulbs have been known to cause eye problems in young tortoises.
Thank you! Didn’t know about that, would you be able to recommend any others?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
What part of England? I lived there for about three years, more than a decade ago. Then I returned to Florida. @JoesMum lives in Kent, and she has a wealth of experience with keeping and caring for a tortoise in England. She can also help you out with finding local resources, since we have different stores on this side of the pond.

Welcome to the Forum!

Lucy1233

England
What part of England? I lived there for about three years, more than a decade ago. Then I returned to Florida. @JoesMum lives in Kent, and she has a wealth of experience with keeping and caring for a tortoise in England. She can also help you out with finding local resources, since we have different stores on this side of the pond.

Welcome to the Forum!
Thank you! I’m in the East Midlands area so Kent is about a 2/3 hour drive away, will drop her a message if I can’t find a suitable lightbulb soon.