hello from florida!

mastershake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
new here and doing a ton of reading. we have a good amount of knowledge with turtles and smaller species but have only dealt with a very much older sulcata female we took in. she passed 2 years after we got her. she was in SUPER bad shape when she arrived and we did all we could and kept her happy for her time here. her shell was very bad. looked like she was dropped or something on cement. we were able to patch it up hoping she would live a long life.we just recently had a couple of sulcata drop offs and now my wife has fallen in love with them and most likely we will have more tortoises.

some info about us. we run a non profit rescue and rehab facility for all species of reptiles as well as are a sanctuary near sarasota. we have 3 acres we use as well as a second 3200 sq ft facility in the next town over. i have been dealing with and keeping various reptiles for my whole life, and started rescuing around 7 years ago. its just me and my wife and daughter here and a few people who help out.

great forum and learning all i can about these guys

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
new here and doing a ton of reading. we have a good amount of knowledge with turtles and smaller species but have only dealt with a very much older sulcata female we took in. she passed 2 years after we got her. she was in SUPER bad shape when she arrived and we did all we could and kept her happy for her time here. her shell was very bad. looked like she was dropped or something on cement. we were able to patch it up hoping she would live a long life.we just recently had a couple of sulcata drop offs and now my wife has fallen in love with them and most likely we will have more tortoises.

some info about us. we run a non profit rescue and rehab facility for all species of reptiles as well as are a sanctuary near sarasota. we have 3 acres we use as well as a second 3200 sq ft facility in the next town over. i have been dealing with and keeping various reptiles for my whole life, and started rescuing around 7 years ago. its just me and my wife and daughter here and a few people who help out.

great forum and learning all i can about these guys
Great work. Welcome

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

Have you found the stickies pinned at the top of our Sulcata section? Lots of good and new information about sulcata-keeping there.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
thanks everyone for the welcomes!! and yes im reading through it all tonight. i printed out a bunch of stuff for my wife and the few people we have here so everyone will get a copy to read =). my wife is already looking at leopards, stars and red foots now haha.

Last edited:

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Welcome to the forum. Thank you for the work you are doing. We have a great forum here. If you have any questions, ask away!