Hello from Florida!

MichiganFrog

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northwest Florida
Hello, my name is Matt and my wife has been a member for some time now. I just decided to join today, even though she's tried many times in the past to get me to do so. We have three beautiful sulcatas, and my favorite is depicted in my profile picture. Glad to be here (at last)!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hi Matt: I believe you have a not only beautiful but also smart wife. Welcome and good to have you here. Who is your wife? Or her user name?

Or share some photo of your torts also?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Matt welcome to the TFO from AZ . Thank you for joining maybe now I can get my wife to join now ( I don't think so but maybe . Have a great

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
hello from texas matt and welcome. how big are your torts and we do love to see pics!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi Matt, and welcome to the forum. I think I know your wife. Her username is ...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Matt!

1028762jld543t69m.gif

MichiganFrog

5 Year Member
Northwest Florida
Thank you very much for all the welcomes! And yes, my wife is very beautiful and smart. She's already posted to this thread, in fact, but let's see if we can coax her out of her shell a bit more (hint, hint...).

Also, here's a fairly recent photo of our two biggest torts, Honey Boy (left) and Beasty Boy (right), sitting in the doorway of their house.

WP_20140517_006_05-17-2014.jpg .

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Those are some beautiful Sulcatas. I gave up on them here in Florida because I was concerned about there being too much humidity and rain. What part of Florida are you in? I'm in South Western Florida.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Those are some beautiful Sulcatas. I gave up on them here in Florida because I was concerned about there being too much humidity and rain. What part of Florida are you in? I'm in South Western Florida.

I'm his wife, so, I'll tell you. We live in the Panhandle, where it's a bit cooler then where you live. But, I'm sad to here that you gave up on your salcatas because humidity and heat are exactly what they need. There's never too much rain for these fellows.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Hi Matt and Ms.Sibi :) Honey Boy And Beastie Boy are looking great. Congrats Ms Sibi on getting your hubby to join TFO, how awesome
is that.

MichiganFrog

5 Year Member
Northwest Florida
Sorry it's taken me a while to reply back, but our two biggest torts (shown above) are about 20 inches from head to tail and weigh about 40 lbs each. (I'm already starting to worry about what to do when they get too big for me to carry them!)

What I'm most amazed at is how different their personalities are, especially since they have the same parents. Beasty Boy has some cute things that he does like wanting to be sprayed with the hose, but overall he's skittish toward people.

Honey Boy, on the other hand, loves to have his head rubbed and is far less skittish. He's also very lazy, and loves to sit in the same spot all day long. Often he only gets up to graze when he's really hungry.

Of course, I do have my favorite, and I have to say that, if we hadn't gotten Honey Boy at around the same time, I might have never taken as great an interest in torts. Honey Boy has such a beautiful disposition. :)