Hello from Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linus

10 Year Member!
Hello,

at first I have to apologize for my supposable horrible English, I will try my best. :shy:
My name is, as you can tell from the user name, Linus. At the moment I am living in the southwest of Germany, somewhere between Heidelberg and the Black Forest (to name 2 places, that are kinda known in America). I keep several reptiles and other animals, self-evident tortoises and turtles, too.
I joined this forum to get impressions of the (in some areas probably different) American way of keeping tortoises.
Also, there are species, that are very rare in Germany, but very common in the USA. On the other hand, radiateds, stars, mountains, and for sure european tortoises are much more common here.
So I hope, both sides can benefit from this. :)

Greetings, Linus

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Linus:

462006kyye84uq8y.gif

to the forum!!

Don't worry about your "supposable horrible English." You are very clear and easy to understand, and we're very glad to have you here with us. So, you mentioned that the mountain tortoise is common there. Is that what you have?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*Gives a long long distance wave* I am really glad to have you joining us! I enjoy hearing and seeing how folks in different countries care for their critters. Look forward to future posts from you. :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Hi, Linus! Welcome to the forum.

We have members in many countries, most recently Ukraine, Malaysia and the Philippines. We have at least one from France, one from Sweden and many from the U.K. So we are less parochial than you may think. Oh, and my German is much worse than your English, so you win that competition hands down (which is an idiom meaning "totally" ;) )!

Please post some photos of your tortoises and their enclosures so we can see what German tortoises look like. Do they ski? :p

(Just kidding but I saw on the map that Baden-Wurttemberg is mountainous and close to the Swiss border, so I had to ask.) :D

Here's some photo posting instructions: http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-5245.html

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Even though I am of german ancestry I imagine your english is a lot better than my german is or ever will be, welcome and when you say more common does that mean they are cheaper or just more available, say for instance what does a star run there? just curious.

Linus

10 Year Member!
Good evening,

at first I want to thank you all for the cordially welcome.

@ emysemys: I don't keep Manouria, but I know guys, who do.

@ Stephanie: You are right, at the moment there is a lot of snow here. Germany is not the right place to keep tortoises outside all year long.

@ dmmj: The one thing results out of the other, and the other way round. If there are more, they are cheaper. If they are cheaper, there are more. Star tortoises start here at 120 euros for hatchlings, adults start at 210 euros. For sure, you can pay a lot more, too. :)

I will add some pictures tomorrow. I don't know, why it's not working right now. I'll try to find out.

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
hello and welcome to the forum.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to pictures and reading about what kind of torts you have. Best wishes.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Linus said:
Hello,

at first I have to apologize for my supposable horrible English, I will try my best. :shy:
My name is, as you can tell from the user name, Linus. At the moment I am living in the southwest of Germany, somewhere between Heidelberg and the Black Forest (to name 2 places, that are kinda known in America). I keep several reptiles and other animals, self-evident tortoises and turtles, too.
I joined this forum to get impressions of the (in some areas probably different) American way of keeping tortoises.
Also, there are species, that are very rare in Germany, but very common in the USA. On the other hand, radiateds, stars, mountains, and for sure european tortoises are much more common here.
So I hope, both sides can benefit from this. :)

Greetings, Linus

Welcome Linus!

We are happy to have your here on tortoiseforum.

Are you on http://www.terraristik.com/ also? I have an account on there but I can't read german....I go for the pics.

Can you share pics of Radiata in German collections?

Let us know if there is anything we can help you with
Welcome again,
Norman

Status
Not open for further replies.