Hello from Kirby!

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Welcome Kirby! Lots of good advice to be had here. If you post pictures of your enclosure people can give you help.

Also recommend reading this FAQ, it has helped many people start off on the right foot:

zeebee

Ohio
Welcome Kirby! Lots of good advice to be had here. If you post pictures of your enclosure people can give you help.

Also recommend reading this FAQ, it has helped many people start off on the right foot:
Thanks so much! I’ll be sure to post some pictures of my setup once I get home, advice is always appreciated.
And I’ll read up on that link!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome to You and Kirby.
Kirby looks wonderful.

zeebee

Ohio
IMG_8004.jpeg
Update!
So Kirby is not a he but a she!!
And she is adjusting very well :)
She’s reached a little over a year now. Also think she’s a fan of Minecraft, loves watching the screen whenever it pops up lol

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Welcome to the forum!

Your tortoise looks to me to be a young adult. Much older than 1 year old. My guess would be at least 7 yrs old. How big is it? Length, and weight?

zeebee

Ohio
Welcome to the forum!

Your tortoise looks to me to be a young adult. Much older than 1 year old. My guess would be at least 7 yrs old. How big is it? Length, and weight?
Hi! I took her to the vet around 3 months ago and was told 7-8months was a good estimate so that’s what I was basing her age on. I suppose that could totally be wrong tho lol
I just measured her and from the front of her shell to the back by her tail was about 5.5 inches. I don’t have a scale that would pick up her weight at the moment so I can’t give that data to you.

zeebee

Ohio
Hi! I took her to the vet around 3 months ago and was told 7-8months was a good estimate so that’s what I was basing her age on. I suppose that could totally be wrong tho lol
I just measured her and from the front of her shell to the back by her tail was about 5.5 inches. I don’t have a scale that would pick up her weight at the moment so I can’t give that data to you.
Scratch that, closer to 4 in. Looked up how to measure her correctly lol She fits perfectly in my hand as well

Last edited: