Hello from LA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

impdragon

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
Hi everyone!

My name is Lynda, an artist currently living in LA. I bought my first tortoise EVER, a redfoot, at a reptile show in August (only two months ago!) This forum has been a valuable resource in that time while I adjust things to make Morton happy and healthy. I figured it was about time to join. :) I look forward to learning more!

Attached are a few shots of Morton, who is still quite young - only about 2-2.5" long as of now. He loves hibiscus petals and trying nibble on my toes. D: The one photo is him going for a stroll and inevitably meeting my 1.5-year-old cat Simon (a heavily supervised excursion). Also, one of his enclosure, which for now is a 30-gallon tub with a 60-watt red light for heat and a 5.0 UVB tube light on top. (If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to share!)

-Lynda

Attachments

• image-1444609877.png
    image-1444609877.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • image-1839360436.png
    image-1839360436.png
    184.4 KB · Views: 16
  • image-141944093.png
    image-141944093.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Lynda!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Which LA? like Louisiana, Lower Alabama, or Los Angeles?

:D Sorry I have to tease folks a bit about that. I use to get excited when somebody said they were from NE only to find out they meant NEw England. :rolleyes: Are you enjoying your little guy? Is he what you thought he would be like?

impdragon

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Jacqui said:
Which LA? like Louisiana, Lower Alabama, or Los Angeles?

:D Sorry I have to tease folks a bit about that. I use to get excited when somebody said they were from NE only to find out they meant NEw England. :rolleyes: Are you enjoying your little guy? Is he what you thought he would be like?

Lol! Sorry about that. I thought about writing out "Los Angeles" because "LA" sounds pompous to me. :/ Oh well!

So far he's been great! I've had a bearded dragon and veiled chameleon in the past, and this guy is by far the friendliest. I was never particularly interested in tortoises until I started paying attention to the amount of intelligence and charm they exhibit. :)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome. I think your little red foot is the cutest little guy, I have been thinking about getting one myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.