Hello from Lincoln

Zeus;s Mom

Location (City and/or State)
Lincoln, NE
Glad to be here; My two tortoises are Count Von Mozart and Count Von Ludwig. They share the house with Madame Suzie (the feline who hasn't figured them out yet.) Mozart has been with me 10 years, Ludwig about 7 years. I play NPR for them as they seem to appreciate the classical compositions. The music keeps Ludwig calm during changes in weather when he gets agitated.

Zeus;s Mom

Lincoln, NE
Appreciate knowing there are others out there for advice with problems with our "babies." Mine just came out of hibernation big time and truly think it is spring. I wish!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome what kind of torts do you have?
Pics would be great.

Kells Bells

Ireland
Welcome to the forum :) I'm a new tort owner so I doubt I will have any pearls of wisdom but I love your torts names!

Zeus;s Mom

Lincoln, NE
They are both Russian Tortoises; named for my two favorite classical composers. I own a feline named Madame Suzie who has been part of the household for a year and a half. She tries to be friends with them but constantly gets snubbed. Tell me about your tortoises.

Kells Bells

Ireland
I have a redfoot. His previous owners weren't looking after him very well so I said I would take him. I had never has a tortoise before so it was a steep learning curve I googled for hours but I learnt most things from this forum.

Attachments

• 20190122_202052.jpg
    20190122_202052.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
They are both Russian Tortoises; named for my two favorite classical composers. I own a feline named Madame Suzie who has been part of the household for a year and a half. She tries to be friends with them but constantly gets snubbed. Tell me about your tortoises.
I have 1 sulcata (Opo). Opo will be 2 in June. 20170617_134323_1519790558233.jpgHere's a pic the day I bought Opo.20190122_173504.jpgHere is a pic yesterday with what Opo does best. Eating!

Zeus;s Mom

Lincoln, NE
Adorable. I don't know how to post photos since I do not have a smart phone. I took a pic of Ludwig on my laptop camera but no idea what to do from here.

Enjoy the Opo. I bet he is fun.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Adorable. I don't know how to post photos since I do not have a smart phone. I took a pic of Ludwig on my laptop camera but no idea what to do from here.

Enjoy the Opo. I bet he is fun.
Thanks. Fun or stubborn I guess they are the same with tortoises.LOL
I am battling pyramiding right now but you can see the last growth rings are wider than the others. Hopefully I got it going in the right direction.