Hello from me and Speedy!

Sxrxh

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
IMG_5090.JPG I got Speedy about 4 days ago from the pet shop.
Speedy gained his name as he was constantly pacing up and down the glass (I'm guessing because he was bored). They fed him on carrot and white cabbage which he didn't touch.
He is now on a diet of curly kale, leafy salad etc - which he loves!

It is my first time owning a tortoise so any help or tips would be appreciated! He is a Hermann's and is about a year old. (Passport just says : Born 2016, so may be coming up to 2?)
(Excuse how grumpy he looks, I interrupted him sunbathing!)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

Speedy looks very dry. For the next two weeks place him in a tub of water (the water should come up to the middle of his sides) and leave him there for about a half hour. After a couple weeks you can get by with weekly soaks and a waterer in the enclosure.

Sxrxh

United Kingdom
Hi, and welcome!

Speedy looks very dry. For the next two weeks place him in a tub of water (the water should come up to the middle of his sides) and leave him there for about a half hour. After a couple weeks you can get by with weekly soaks and a waterer in the enclosure.
We have been soaking him everyday since we got him, but thankyou for the advice!
I'm not an expert but I don't think they took care of him in the pet shop very well . What temperature do you recommend the water to be? I've been using tepid.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Welcome! Tepid is good.

Can we see pics of the enclosure? Anything glass is likely too small. :(