Hello from Michigan

Meganolvt

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hi everyone, my name is Megan and I got my first tortoise ever about 2 weeks ago. He is a yellowfoot and the rescue guy I got him from thought he is about 7 years old. I named him Roland and I am totally smitten with him. His carpace is 9" long. He has a saddle shaped shell, and I don't know if it was an injury or improper husbandry that caused it. He is doing great and absolutely loves grapes and mushrooms. He is a great eater and has been enjoying kale and collard greens in addition to various veggies and fruits. I am very happy yo have found this forum, and I hope more yellowfoot owners join (there is so much info on redfoots but not so much on yellowfoots). I'll add some pictures for everyone.

20150819_203619-1.jpg 20150827_204318.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Welcome Michigander :) OMG!!! So happy you rescued him!!! I also saw this tortoise. Your lucky to have a yellowfoot! They are so beautiful and not too many people have them!! You'll learn a lot on this forum!

Meganolvt

Michigan
You guys might have seen my first post, it was about a week ago and I might have posted a pic. I realized today that I never did an introduction post, so now I have done it!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Megan and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Roland.
He may be a little oddly shaped, but still a beautiful tortoise.
Thanks for taking him in

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Hi and welcome Megan !
m0128.gif

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Megan! I love this tortoise. Glad he has a home now.