Hello From Missouri

AllieKat1997

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
765C17E0-D1B2-4C62-9505-9E9C8389384F.jpeg 83DBF202-7787-4376-89F8-CF8AB115C73F.jpeg 8B60E06A-2927-4A81-870E-D939859B314C.jpeg Well, technically I’ve been here for awhile, but I never introduced myself or my tortoise, Lumos. I’ve been passionate about animals all my life but box turtles were always my favorite, and after years and years of hunting the woods for them, and years and years of adoring them, I said screw turtles and I got a tortoise. Okay... I’m joking it didn’t work out like that. Box turtle care was a bit more complicated than a tortoise, and turtles eat bugs... okay, it was mostly the bugs... they’re gross. So, I looked into tortoises. I found the species best for me (and for Missouri!) and got a Golden Greek Tortoise whom I named Lumos Maxima but she goes by Lumos. I got Lumos back in October from a breeder on this site (thanks a bunch to her breeder!) so I’m still unsure of it’s gender, but he/she/it is amazing and I love her to death. Annnd I highly disagree with the meanies who say tortoises are stupid. Lumos knows who feeds her! At this point she’s too young to tell her gender but I think she’s a girl, so I’ll probably be wrong and realize she’s a boy later, cuz I’m awesome at guessing. Buuut yeah. I’ll stop before I ramble cuz I’m good at that. Byyye!
PS: Eh, Lumos doesn’t eat on a paper plate by the way... I was preparing her food and she’s a fattie who doesn’t like to soak once she notices I have her food out. I decided to let her eat for a second so I could snap a few photos. She wasn’t happy when I had to move her so I could finish making her food up. Soooo ungrateful :p

Pure Tortoise Power

Location (City and/or State)
Hong Kong
View attachment 267621 View attachment 267622 View attachment 267623 Well, technically I’ve been here for awhile, but I never introduced myself or my tortoise, Lumos. I’ve been passionate about animals all my life but box turtles were always my favorite, and after years and years of hunting the woods for them, and years and years of adoring them, I said screw turtles and I got a tortoise. Okay... I’m joking it didn’t work out like that. Box turtle care was a bit more complicated than a tortoise, and turtles eat bugs... okay, it was mostly the bugs... they’re gross. So, I looked into tortoises. I found the species best for me (and for Missouri!) and got a Golden Greek Tortoise whom I named Lumos Maxima but she goes by Lumos. I got Lumos back in October from a breeder on this site (thanks a bunch to her breeder!) so I’m still unsure of it’s gender, but he/she/it is amazing and I love her to death. Annnd I highly disagree with the meanies who say tortoises are stupid. Lumos knows who feeds her! At this point she’s too young to tell her gender but I think she’s a girl, so I’ll probably be wrong and realize she’s a boy later, cuz I’m awesome at guessing. Buuut yeah. I’ll stop before I ramble cuz I’m good at that. Byyye!
PS: Eh, Lumos doesn’t eat on a paper plate by the way... I was preparing her food and she’s a fattie who doesn’t like to soak once she notices I have her food out. I decided to let her eat for a second so I could snap a few photos. She wasn’t happy when I had to move her so I could finish making her food up. Soooo ungrateful :p
Now that's... One adorable tortoise... I sure hope you and Lumos do well together. Good luck to both of you!