Hello from North Dakota!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sericinda

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Dakota
Hi there. My name is Seri, I am from North Dakota (yup, it's cold here). Thought i would introduce myself instead of lurking so much.

I breed and sell geckos...mostly crested, gargoyle and leopard geckos, and have a small specialty reptile shop in my town called Gallery Geckos, etc. I carry only reptiles that make "good" pets in my climate (as in don't get huge, don't have very sensitive needs, etc). It is by appointment only and I allow people to come in, learn about the pets I have on hand, and get educated and make informed decisions before they buy. I also carry all the supplies and feeders for the animals I offer, and try as often as possible to get the pets I sell from quality breeders in my area to help support them. It's a passion and I love it.

I do a lot of rescue as well, and my full time job is a groomer in the shop I've owned for 15 years now.

I love corgis and have two corgis, doc holliday and wyatt earp. I also have an elderly great dane named Bella. They are my "kids".

I am deaf and read lips...have been since I was a child, and am currently in the process of being approved for the cochlear implant, so I'm VERY excited about that!

I love to craft, quilt, do other artsy fartsy things like that. I love fish aquariums and currently have a 125 gallon parrot cichlid tank, a 75 gallon with an oscar, a 55 with figure eight puffers, and a 29 gallon reef tank.

Yup, I love my animals :)

I also have a small group of torts and my own tort room for them as well as the separate gecko room. I have 3 female russians...Olga, Anya and Nina and a male russian, Igor. I recently added a pair of greeks to the bunch, Ophelia and Atlas. I won't be breeding for awhile yet, lots to learn, but I'm very much enjoying simply keeping them and loving them. There is a large demand for reptile breeders in my area as the market is pretty much wide open, so there is a need for breeders, but I'm very picky about education and proper housing, so I don't take any of that lightly.

Nice to meet you all!

Seri

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D We LOVE PICS.... :p

I love Oscars....they are my fantasy fish :p, one of these days....when i was young (seems like such a far away time, LOL) a neighbor of my grammie had two beautiful Tiger Oscars, the one would come to the top and if you put the end of your finger in the tank, he would nibble it...silly I know, but from that moment I fell in love with them.... okay, so anyways...welcome :D

sericinda

5 Year Member
North Dakota
Ascott, my Oscar is a huge puppy dog...very much a begger

My parrot cichlids are super super friendly too...I can pet them lol

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Welcome. Yay another Russian tort person. And that is exciting about the cochlear, I have loss in one ear due to Meniere's.

Status
Not open for further replies.