Hello from Northern California

Jarrette

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hello fellow Tortoise Keepers! Just wanted to introduce myself and Panda! The picture is of him enjoying some sunshine last weekend! He is my 4 year old Sulcata - I’ve had him since he was a hatchling. He is already big and heavy and going to get bigger and heavier! We love him! I will look around the forum too but I would love to see pictures of everyone’s torts! Hope you are all having a good week so far! IMG_7906.jpg

Jarrette

California
Welcome to the forum from another Californian. What part of California are you? We have almost every climate zone in this state!

Hi Markw84! We are about an hour north of San Francisco - usually sunny 65 through the winter but we actually got a little snow on the hills last night and today it’s tank top weather again! Lol where are you and what kind of tort do you have?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome to the forum. Panda looks like he is enjoying the sunshine. Here is a pic of my sully. (Opo). Opo is 20 months and I think will break the 5lbs mark next week.20190122_173504.jpg

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Hi Markw84! We are about an hour north of San Francisco - usually sunny 65 through the winter but we actually got a little snow on the hills last night and today it’s tank top weather again! Lol where are you and what kind of tort do you have?
You must be up around Santa Rosa. Beautiful up there. Love the wine country.

I have limited myself recently to sulcatas and G platynotas (Burmese Stars) I also have a large pond and keep a dozen different species of N American aquatic turtles.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
What a beaut!
Thank you I am trying to keep the pyramiding down and think I might be winning. Opo,s last growth ring is almost a 1/4" wide. That is the widest one yet.
Do you know how much Panda ways?