Hello From Northern Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Harrietta, MI
:) Hello everyone im from northern Michigan, my name is Tracey but everyone calls me "Cuda" im grandma to my daughters baby Leopard torts there just so flippin cute and precious :p we love them dearly. My daughter cant have kids, long story :( she has a non curable brain tumor, so any pets she has is like our grand babies and they are not just pets THERE FAMILY. Cassie always wanted a Leopard tort and we did some searching online and came across a site that had a baby tort contest so i enterd her in it and she won..:D Thanks Stephen!!! We ended up with 2 baby Leopards there just soooooooo precious, when Cassie is busy or sleeping grandma takes over tending to the babies and keeping a watchfull eye since im up most the night anyways. They have only been with us for 3 days now and they already have there temorary tort table digs down pat.. LOL!! "Javari" the one with all the spots is very out going and adventurous always checking everything out loves running back and fourth thru the water dish like its fun to splash the water LOL! "Tikii" the light colored baby with 3 spots is the baby she won in the contest and is more shy and slow but is comming around quickly. They get along real well Javari always in the lead like fallow me and hey check out this food its good for you to eat. There tort table is just temporary till we build a much larger one, but for now it suits them well since there so tiny they have plent of space, we also have a upper deck level but are leaving that out for the first week so we can keep a close eye on them and let them adjust to there new home. They have a basking area with UVB/UVA heat bulb "Powersun" that i can adjust the height of it if need be, they have a strip flour. light thats full spectrum over there eating area and they have a darker area where there heated humidity hide hut is. We use moist coir/cypress mulch mix for bedding and then spag moss over that in there humidity hut. They have natural moss areas and live grass mounds the rest of the plants for now are fake. There getting use to the rutine, lights on by 8am, lightly tap on side of table WAKE UP BABIES its time for a bath, then they get there soak bath while Cassie gets there food ready and also gets there water dish cleaned out, they soak for about 25 mins then they get some Vita Shell on and then bask and then there off to eat and explore then bask alittle more then off to bed in there hut. Its to cute sometimes Tikii passes out wherever but Javari knows to well where the hut is and goes right to it, when Tikii wakes up and notices Javari aint around right away off to the hut he goes. We dont know if there boys or girls or one of each dont matter there loved just the same.

Heres few pics of the little cuties..
First up Cassie holding them.
DSCF1564.jpg

Right after there first soak bath and Vita Shell on.
This is Javari
Javari.jpg

This is Tikii
Tikii.jpg

First meal after arriving home.
DSCF1559.jpg

Heres Tikki, Javari was passed out for the night and Tikii had the midnight munchies.. LOL!!
Tikiieating.jpg

Had to use flash for this pic as its darker in there.
2 Peas In A Pod :p
2peasinthepodLOL.jpg

This is there temp tort table befour it was completely set up with bedding and befour they came home, i ran the powersun bulb for 7 hrs to make sure it didnt heat up the fake plants and start a fire, everything was good and stayed cool, now the light is hanging much lower to keep the basking area at a certain temp.
DSCF1535.jpg

This is there upper deck level that goes in over the top there humidity hide hut, sorry nothing fancy..:( It will have fake vine around the top walls and coir/cypress mulch then some natural moss.
tortupperdecklevel.jpg

Will post pics when we build the new bigger tort table.
Thanks for letting us be apart of this wonderful tort forum family..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Cuda:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Your tort table is so pretty. It looks nice in the room and I'm sure your babies are loving living there. How lucky that you won the contest!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME :D. How far up in Michigan are you. I have family in the Big Rapids area. Little cuties, leopards are great torts.:D

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Welcome to the forum, the setup is great for them im sure they love it in there!

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Harrietta, MI
Thanks kindly everyone for the warm welcome, we are going to enjoy it here.
Thanks emysemys the babies are Cassie's im just Grandma.:D The temporary tort table is in my office/herp room/seed starting room, i raise alot of plants from seed in grow tank chambers as im starting up a small hobby greenhouse bizz and we have 2 big fat crazy African Pixie bullfrogs in the same room. Funny how my office got converted to this but I LOVE IT. The basement now is another story half of that got converted to a winter grow room for all the plants from both my GH's.

wellington We live off M37 up by Mesick the morel mushroom capitol, our home sits back in off the road and our property is surrounded on 3 sides by national forest with natural spring feed brooks and also lots trout streams and swamps, we love nature and absolutely love being out in the middle of NOWHERE!! LOL!! The black bears on the other hand are a pain in the arse..:p

Jacob they deffinately like the table theres soooooooooo much room for them since there so tiny and wait till we put the upper deck level in then there really gona have a blast going up and down the ramp..

Heres some pics of there first outdoor fun since they been here, it was a warm 72 degrees no wind and sunny, but we had storms come in. They had 30 mins to graze the clovers hidden under the long grass and nibble on the grasses as they explored, Tikii was way more intrested in checking out everything while Javari was finding all hidden clovers and chomping away on them.. There just to precious.
First Javari
DSCF1576.jpg

CLOVERS!!
DSCF1575.jpg

And Tikii off to explore.
DSCF1577.jpg

Will be getting many more pics as they grow and also would love to share there daily lives with you all.
Cassie gave them there evenning soak bath and then gave them fresh food and after she walked outa the room i thought OH perffect time for a quick pic of them eatting, sure enough i quietly walked up to the table they were both stuffing there faces and just when i moved the cam to get the shot they both stoped looked at me as if to say OH NO NOT HER AGAIN with the wierd flashy thingy.. I stood there laughing so hard there tiny little eyes staring at me as if grandma is a real pest.. LOL!!!!:p So anyways i did snap a pic and left the room will post that later..

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Harrietta, MI
Thank you TORTOISEMAN1, ada caro and also lushcious, thank you all for the complaments on the temp table it was just things we had and i orderd the hide hut. We are gona be using natural cork background and lots other natural things when we build the big tort table.

Heres that pic i took of them in the food pile, sorry for the crappy pic sometimes if i aint got the granny specs on i cant see squat on the tiny dig cam screen and sometimes i forget to fix the settings so pics come out kinda yellow EPPPPPP:( Anyways here they are BUSTED in the heeping pile of food HA!!!:p Javari picking goodies from under the rest and Tikii going for the goods ontop. Those tiny little precious eyes just melt our hearts when they look at us.:p

bustedinthefoodpile.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.